Home | About | Donate

"The Beauty of Our Weapons" (and the War in Yemen)

"The Beauty of Our Weapons" (and the War in Yemen)

George Capaccio

O Lord our God, help us to tear their soldiers to bloody shreds with our shells; help us to cover their smiling fields with the pale forms of their patriot dead; help us to drown the thunder of the guns with the shrieks of their wounded, writhing in pain; help us to lay waste their humble homes with a hurricane of fire; help us to wring the hearts of their unoffending widows with unavailing grief; help us to turn them out roofless with their little children to wander unfriended the wastes of their desolated land in rags and hunger and thirst . . .

Thank you.

How many Americans have no idea what is happening in Yemen? How many Americans have no idea what kind of government exists in Saudi Arabia? The US is directly responsible for what is happening in this area of the world----the US fuels this fire-----the media in the US never connects the dots or do any real reporting on the facts. This is when people must understand the US is a police state.

The more people, the cheaper life becomes.

The military-industrial complex must remain sated. It doesn’t matter how that is achieved.

George Capaccio must have been in a similar mood to the one I am in right now when he wrote this ode to the Abrahamic God of three giant religions, and the God of Money - the one and true divine spirit of the land.

It appears we shall have to sink lower into the pit before there is any hope of turning this mess around.

Until we get soul - which apparently can only happen thru shared misery - in the pit of despair.

So be it.

Amen for the truth. Mark Twain would bless you, George, for this apt follow up to his masterful prayer.

Savage and sorrowful and right on, George.

I sent this to my brother-in-law, who works for a defense contractor. He’s a smart guy and he could do so much to benefit humanity, but the money’s good.

What was it that outgoing President (and former distinguished general) warned us to beware of? Oh, yes - the Military-Industrial Complex. Gee, I wonder why?