Home | About | Donate

The Beginning of the U.S.-Iran Hot War?

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/07/27/beginning-us-iran-hot-war

3 Likes

President Trump remains committed to escalating against Iran even as the U.S. battles a worsening pandemic, an economic depression, and internal discord not seen in decades.

Trump knows he’s got to keep focused on his bosses’ agenda. That comes first and foremost.

1 Like

All of the fucking war mongers should be imprisoned. Too many to name all so I’ll stick with two, Trump the obvious, and the venomous Cottonmouth, who thinks he is anointed for 2024.

1 Like

The latest fashionable war-drum to beat is the one with allegations of cyberhacking deployed against (1) our otherwise sacrosanct electoral information and voting systems, or (2) the inviolably precious private data of corporations involved in our vaccine-research rip-off, or (3) both at the same time – on the the part of (1) Russia, (2) China, or (3) Iran. You can flip coins to randomly predict tomorrow’s warmongering headlines on the agitprop machine. Either way, with either party, on any network, you can’t go wrong with warmongering disinformation, however repetitively, tediously incredible.

It resembles the Catholic test of mental gymnastics to qualify for clerical studies – you must swallow huge piles of indigestible nonsense, like that fellow at the hot-dog eating contest. To qualify as a patriotic US American, you have to believe we’re constantly under assault (to “sow division”) from Russia, China, and Iran – stepping on each others’ toes while pursuing the same nefarious ends (to “destroy our liberties”) simultaneously. I know it seems difficult, but if we can handle the trinity, we can do this, too.

7 Likes

“I’m not talking about boots on the ground”
“I’m just saying if something would happen, it wouldn’t last very long”
“the ‘ultimate goal’ of the current US pressure campaign against Iran is to ‘draw Iran into an armed conflict with the united States’”

Fools one and all. These idiots can’t walk and chew gum at the same time.

4 Likes

“I’m just saying if something would happen, it wouldn’t last very long.”

. NOT MY PRESIDENT! You said the same thing about Covid-19! You are a pathological lying S.O.B.that could not tell the truth if your life depended on it.

1 Like

Where is the facts that relate to this article? I cannot find it anywhere else on the internet. Someone enlighten me or I am going to think this is propoganda.

Israel pushed for a “war on terror” on the very day of the attacks on 9/11.

It pushed and lobbied hard for a war on it’s adversary Iraq, got it, and that has worked out well for Israel, bad for everybody else;

It pushed the “Assad must go” and that has worked out well for Israel, bad for everybody else;

It has been pushing for us to serve it once again and ‘take out Iran’ as its adversary, and that too will, if we succumb to its influence, may work out well for Israel, bad for everybody else.

By no stretch of the imagination, can Trump’s cancelling the Iran nuclear deal be shown to serve the interests of the U.S. or Iran. It could work out well for Israel, bad for mostly everybody else.

Foreign influence serves foreign interests, don’t you know? - even if it’s the interests of a nice State like Israel. Of course, the Saudi’s would also like us to “take out” Iran: With the Saudi’s there had been the quid pro quo of the petrodollar which benefits the U.S. The quid pro quo for serving Israel’s interests seems to be support for the lackey politician’s (re-)election, thanks to a very powerful lobby.

Of course, the powerful military-industrial complex has a vested interest in wars,even those that serve no one or anything other than its bottom line.

2 Likes

War making is the common ground shared by Repugs and Dims. The real danger here, millions of lives aside, is that Iran is now closely tied to China as well as Russia. Dims and most of the military establishment prefer an endless cold war and small proxy wars to fund military industries. A hot war escalating to a likely world war with nuclear exchanges would be short and, ending life on earth is not economically profitable which is all that matters to the monsters in charge.

1 Like

The closer we are inching toward November elections the more the US fascists are itching for war with Iran. Imposing martial law is the aim so November elections can be suspended…