Home | About | Donate

The Black Hole of Depressions: Doing Nothing About Climate Emergency Could Cost More Than All the Wealth in the World

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/10/28/black-hole-depressions-doing-nothing-about-climate-emergency-could-cost-more-all

1 Like

It is more important to keep the billionaires, lamestreet media, billionaire corporations million/billions of profit rolling into their bottom lines. It might not be good for America and Americans but it is good for our bottom line what is probably said by all them.

There won’t be jobs, there won’t be civil society, there won’t be homes for many, everything good that we know will go away. Another Holocaust but but worldwide and like the virus does not discriminate, it will be the people of the world.

2 Likes

I think at this point the mega rich are literally banking on climate change to reduce the commoners population on a massive scale. They want just enough of us to live to provide for their daily needs, produce their food, serve them, etc. From their prospective, the rest of us are just a drain on “their” resources that they could enjoy/squander. They also believe they have acquired enough wealth for themselves and their families to live in ultimate comfort forever, commoners are only standing in the way of this utopian lifestyle.
For man to continue on earth, most of them will have to be eliminated taking their greed with them, anything less and humans will become extinct.

2 Likes

Could cost more than all the wealth in the world,” Juan??? This is precisely the thinking that needs to change, since each & every life in existence is already “worth” more than all the wealth in the world (or rather, shouldalready be worth more)

A fundamental Revaluation of All Values is needed, one in which we’ll accept that Money < Life

Do people genuinely not understand that No World = No Wealth?

1 Like

I watched a documentary on net flicks last night called, Kiss the Ground.

A sh!t ton of carbon could be sequestered by changing how farming in done, worldwide with results starting immediately.

2 Likes

The people fighting climate change versus the people denying it. We know who will win, and survive. Unfair. deus ex machina

1 Like

That doesn’t address the cause.

Absolutely right. It dawned upon me recently that the rich are planning to practice “Communism,” eventually - just after all the “mediocre” proletarians are dead & gone. Then they’ll have their utopian society (we just ain’t a part of it, we don’t meet the monetary threshold)

1 Like

Tru dat, however, I hope that you’ll check anyway.
It’s not as sketchy as trade and cap bs.
My grandfather was a ‘no till’ and cover crop kind of farmer with a diversified farm (crops, animals, not mono culture farming). He managed to make a good living by farming in that manner.