Home | About | Donate

The ‘Blue Wave’ Was Also a ‘Muslim Wave’

The ‘Blue Wave’ Was Also a ‘Muslim Wave’

Domenica Ghanem

With the Muslim Ban, the promotion of torturer Gina Haspel to CIA director, and increases in hate crimes, it’s been a rough year for us Muslims in the United States.

So hearing the words “Salam Alaikum” as Ilhan Omar took the national stage on Election Night to accept her win as Representative of Minnesota’s 5th District made it feel like I could finally breathe a little bit easier.

The first Somali-American elected to Congress, Omar joined Rashida Tlaib, a daughter of Palestinian refugees, as the first Muslim women to be elected to U.S. Congress.

I hope these new reps stick to their progressive messages.

Took five minutes to learn the truth: that these women are sellouts, like every Dem in DC.

Five minutes.

Hi Ricky_Ricardo, well Israel has a right to exist, but remember Herzl said it really didn’t have to be in the Middle East, as Herzl was looking at South America and even Africa. However, and LOL on this -------Hitler even helped the rich Germans to move to Palestine. So----the problem nowadays is that Israel does not believe in a 2 state solution,: even the Balfour Solution does not say what the zionists say it does.
However, PALESTINE has a right to exist too—and remember also that Israel once welcomed Jews from Ethiopia too----but not any more. Now the Arab Jews are losing rights. If the Arabs and the Palestinians were all gone----then there would only be Jews left—and sadly this nation has needed to dog out the Palestinians, and the Ethiopians----and if the Palestinians were gone too----ask yourself this remaining Jewish population------- who will be the dog at the bottom now? Scary proposition I think,

Sadly, that is considerably more research then what the average duopoly voter is likely to do.

Sadly, that is considerably more research then what the average duopoly voter is likely to do.

And more research than the author of this puff piece was willing to do.

Or, perhaps, the truth just doesn’t fit the agenda.

Go, Team.

Introducing religion into politics is hardly a positive development, for any religion, in any political arena.

There was no “blue wave”. As Abby Martin says it was more of a “trickle.” This is just DNC identity politics marketing.

I wish had given them eastern Texas. They would have had some oil, I think, and access to the gulf, and no enemies to deal with.