Home | About | Donate

The Bombings Will Continue: Phyllis Bennis Warns U.S. Military Role in Syria Is Not Actually Ending

The Bombings Will Continue: Phyllis Bennis Warns U.S. Military Role in Syria Is Not Actually Ending

Democracy Now!

President Trump has announced that the U.S. will withdraw troops from Syria, in a move that has been praised by some in the American peace movement and some progressive lawmakers, as well as anti-interventionist Republicans, including Senators Rand Paul and Mike Lee.

Gee, I wonder why Bush, Cheney, and Rummy didn’t clue us in on that little detail? You can’t defeat terrorism militarily? So the set up for forever war (presence) in the middle-east was the plan all along. We already knew what we would get out of it, that our soldiers would die for no gain, and that the spending would keep going to infinity.

" You cannot defeat terrorism militarily."

But Phyllis, don’t you think our leaders know that too? That is why they love their bogus wars on terrorism because it is not about winning but about this:
ENDLESS WARS ON TERRORISM; FOR ENDLESS WAR PROFITS!

Must watch Jimmy Dore:

I was thinking last week that Trump is going pull a B. Clinton missile tossing fit because things aren’t going well at home. Well, I think maybe this is the equivalent.There was no real plan.

One of the main reasons for the false flag 9/11. Least we forget shrubs speech right after, that the war on terrorism might not end in our lifetime.

What I just heard from a guest on CNN is that one of the things Gen. Mattis is pissed about is that Trump wants to draw down troops in Afghanistan. Then she said he is appalled that we would leave before standing up the Afghan army, or police.
I thought I had crawdads in my ears and didn’t hear right. What the fuck are you talking about. Going on 19 damn years and we are training people. I fricking got 8 weeks basic training and a few months A.I.T., and it was off to Vietnam. 19 fricking years? One more fricking year makes 20, a standard retirement stint. I want to punch one of these Pentagon spooks in the nose and box his ears. I’m so mad.

What the war spooks are really saying is they want to militarily colonize Afghanistan forever, right? There seem to be a variety of reasons for this which include profit for war contractors, control of mineral and oil/gas resources and transport in the region, protection of Israel vis-a-vis weakening of Iranian influence in the region, etc. I love seeing the true colors of the “media” show when their wars are threatened with cancellation. In these instances, it really shows how the mass media is like a spook operation who’s function is to brainwash the public into supporting war and empire.

Donald , stand up to the evil Pentagon and the MIC. The country will rally behind you. NO MORE WARS.

Over 2,000 building, Architects and building Engineers with impeccable credentials have said what we have been told about 9/11 is mathematically impossible! Yet there is a virtual blackout of these people many with PH.D’s. Even on progressive sites like Common Dreams and Democracy Now! Does anyone know why?

And if the public was told this very plainly, they would sigh and walk away.

Albert Stubblebine, major-general, retired.
Short version of 9-11

What ever happened to " LOOSE CHANGE? They also said the same thing about the hole in the Pentagon?

I guess we need someone to give a perspective other than the standard 12 guys and Bin Laden did it. A perspective on the same day, the same week, that we have our annual “praise fear day” of 9-11-2001.