Home | About | Donate

'The Civil Rights Movement of Our Time': Climate Action Advocates and Progressive Leaders Join Sanders for Latest Town Hall

'The Civil Rights Movement of Our Time': Climate Action Advocates and Progressive Leaders Join Sanders for Latest Town Hall

Julia Conley, staff writer

With the corporate news media devoting only a tiny fraction of its coverage of California's recent wildfires to the climate crisis, which set the stage for the historically destructive blazes, hundreds of thousands of Americans on Monday night turned to Sen.

Courage.

More preaching to the choir by Sanders and company. He needs to be on mainstream media to reach out to those not yet converted to taking action on climate change. Unfortunately for Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez she had come in when the game is almost lost. It has been mostly downhill since the Kyoto Protocol agreement was signed in the 1990s. That was perhaps the most hopeful moment. Almost everything since has shattered those hopes. Global emissions are still trending in the wrong direction.

Did you miss the part that MSM is not interested in covering this? Bernie has spoken out on MSM but I agree it would have been better if this Town Hall were to occur on MSM.

They, the MSM, virtually ignored Bernie in favor of Trump during the presidential campaign. It’s hard to believe they would try to do this again.
Bernie’s town hall including the guest speakers is something nearly all of the CD community have been advocating for. I hope Bernie is rewarded with support, not scorn.

If you would like to donate some media buy time to Bernie I’m sure he would be glad to address the nation as often as you like. Not his or Cortez’s fault the MSM is playing hooky. It’s not time to give up the ghost just yet. This is the time when you throw the Hail Mary if all else has failed.

Actually there are more unknown variables and more causal relationships in how an energy transition relates to various nations than what was required to going to the moon, so Ms. Ocasio-Cortez I would argue you are vastly under appreciating what is necessary for this movement…

In the entire townhall, NOT ONCE did any of the panelists discuss how the USA was going to increase capacity manufacturing and sustainable innovation at rates that are historically unprecedented in human history. NOT ONCE did any of the panelists discuss in detail how costs would be evaluated in this energy transition and what the estimate costs were going to be for this plan

Green. New Deal roll out is too slow.