Home | About | Donate

'The Clock Is Ticking': Bernie Sanders Calls on Senate to Act Quickly on Covid Relief Bill

It’s like your lawn is 4 ft. high and your lawn mower (the people) is broken.
The choices get more difficult with each option becoming unavailable.
Sometimes a goat or two (good representatives) is the best option.

Taking a weed wacker (revolution) at it is most difficult.

2 Likes

to me it seems so simple – do the right thing for the majority – “Cut the damned military budget, tax the rich and reduce the salaries of these corporate cretins” (thanx G-L) 0 if we lift the majority 99% we ALL benefit…sigh…

5 Likes

Republican Moscow Mitch McConnell has killed over 400 House Democratic progressive bills since he took power.

But I’m sure the shills and trolls on Common Dreams will find some way to blame this all on the Democrats .

1 Like

I agree Giovanna, but from my perspective, there is nothing Trump and his fellow fascists would love more THAN A VIOLENT UPRISING! Fascists like Trump and his fellow obsequious Party, thrive on violence, the only expanded uprising they would have no answer for…IS A NON-VIOLENT UPRISING.

5 Likes

The military budget is sacrosanct and in my view, will never be cut to any appreciable degree. Whether one may like it or not Amerika has been and is now not a democracy, but a military dictatorship and if nothing else the recent approval by CON/GRESS OF THE MOST EGREGIOUS MILTARY BUDGET OF $ 740 BILLION! When so many Americans are hurting and in the middle of a horrible pandemic, should be all the proof one needs.

5 Likes

The die is cast for the 2020 election. Democratic Party sheepdogs like Sanders can offer up all the usual platitudes and they’ll have exactly the same impact they’ve had before - none of real consequence. Bottom line - neither party is genuinely interested in providing or even trying for responsible government, even with November looming and the huge issues hanging in the balance, for that would mean acting meaningfully on behalf of the people in their time of crisis. Not a chance. Both parties are dug in for the duration, fully committed to their respective sellouts. The Republicans are committed to their despicable and destructive policy because they are corrupt and bat-shit crazy. The Democrats are committed to their despicable, do nothing policy because they are corrupt and only interested in maintaining their status quo of serving big money at the expense of the rest of America.

Killer pandemic, looming economic depression, planet destroying climate change, never ending war, rampant political corruption, obscene income inequality, ever-growing housing crisis and more, and neither party genuinely gives a damn who’s hurt, as long as the wealthy and the big corporations get more. And, of course, they keep their phony baloney jobs.

Those who can’t see the truth of all that just don’t want to know the truth. If we don’t find a way to effectively oppose the duopoly, the promise of the American dream is over for the large majority of us. Let’s say that again. If we don’t find a way to effectively oppose the duopoly, the promise of the American dream is over. And the key word, there, is “effectively”. The only way to effectively oppose these two irrevocably corrupted political parties is with another political party, one genuinely committed to serving the masses and that has its representatives placed in the legislative bodies of the nation.

There’s one and only one way to achieve political and social justice for the masses today, given the extent of corruption in our government. And that is by the wielding of raw political power, that is, the use of the vote by our representatives, in the legislatures of the nation. There can be no other way. That’s been proven over and over by the duopoly. And it will never be achieved though the inconsequential ramblings of the men and women posing as progressives within the corrupt Democratic Party. Proving that truth is the one and only thing Bernie Sanders has accomplished with his faux campaigns for the presidency.

3 Likes

Since when did the republican, (and democrat), senate care about the verminous scum they consider the American people to be. The only thing the senate, the congress, the presidency, the supreme court, and all other government/mob divisions actually care about is themselves and staying in power so they can continue to disenfranchise Americans and serve their billionaire masters. Sanders is and never was a real progressive, I am convinced at this point. Surrendering the first moment things get tough, and supporting the extremist right wing Biden, even after the democrats trademark election fixing that had obviously been done; this is is all the evidence I need. Now he wants to tell republicans their job, he just got done handing them a right wing platform for the next 4 years no matter who wins. Under these circumstances republicans win, even if they lose the election.

1 Like

And Weed Wacker’s it will be

1 Like

Actually I think the 3 trillion house plan is not enough. We need a UBI and universal health coverage. They need to go big really big to get us through this. Don’t listen to the corporate whores who are just interested in their stock prices, instead go really big and maybe declare a year of Jubilee and debt forgiveness around the world. Anything less is just giving into corporate whores.

10 Likes

Did you know there are more privately owned guns in america than government owned ones? sure they have helicopters, drones, artillery, grenades etc, but american soldiers are not America hating cops, they are American citizens firstly, and to a large extent they have been brainwashed into believing in the land of the free and the home of the brave hogwash. It is likely that many, if not a majority, would side with their families and fellow citizens than the fascist police, who signed up with abuse and killing of Americans in mind. When American soldiers join forces with citizens to defeat the NAZI, they will be bringing much of the equipment and training with them. In the NAZI States of America, non violence, as we have seen is interpreted as terrorism and met with violence, just as vast populations of Ghandi supporters were exterminated by the British. Non violence is considered no differently than a violent act, and violence ensues - initiated by the fascists in every case, but ultimately the outcome is extreme violence against the peaceful Americans, not the NAZI’s. As long as it costs them nothing, (and that’s what human lives are worth to NAZI’s, nothing), they will just go on doing what they love, murdering and killing the innocent. When Ghandi protested, he won because there was some humanity in the British troops, who’s culture was steeped in rule of law and other notions of civility and ethics; they lost their stomach for the overt mass murder and ceased. With American NAZI’s, (federal mercenaries), I doubt such moral scruples will apply.

I agree with your points about the corrupt and I believe unfixable Democratic Party----the duopoly/oligarchy and yes, I believe murderous system that calls the shots (literally and figuratively) in the u.s.

With that said I did hope there would be momentum for Sanders supporters. You might say that I was duped! So be it, I was.

There was a time after his early victories in the presidential primaries I really believed (I know, I was delusional) things could move in the direction of change . .

I thought the whole “us, not me” thing was gaining traction and power.

But the power structure of the Dem party is massive as you know.

And self proclaimed neoliberal and/or willfully ignorant voters who vote blue no matter what do not want to see how horrific the Clintons (et al) were and still are to this day.

Obama, together with Jim Clyburn helped swat away —as if it was just a pesky gnat— any progressive momentum.
And I’m talking about momentum of people that endorsed Sanders before he dropped out in April:
h-ttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Bernie_Sanders_2020_presidential_campaign_endorsements

That is a huge list.

BUT---- the Dem PTB would not allow this to happen. They simply “waved away” the pesky progressives as Bill Clinton chuckles about in this speech he gave at the Lewis memorial service in link below.

This is how empowered, entitled, and pathological they are.

It is right here in these nauseating words of Bill Clinton (rapist, predator, neoliberal POS):

h-ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWoSOh7CbLA

Christo Aivalis:

At the memorial service for John Lewis, Bill Clinton specifically thanked Jim Clyburn “for ending, with a stroke of his hand,” the Bernie Sanders campaign when he and later Barack Obama united the Democratic Party establishment, not in an effort to elect Joe Biden, but to use Biden to block Bernie Sanders While none of this is a surprise to progressives, establishment figures and media denied their was any anti-Bernie coordination. But this remark by Bill Clinton shows otherwise.

2 Likes

No. But Moscow Mitch had some help. More than a few ‘progressive bills’
were sent to the senate knowing damn well they would not see the light
of day.

If the democrats were honest they would sent a bill for universal public
health care funded with a tax on the fat cats. Why not? It would offend
their owners. Make your own list at this point … instead they broke
their finger poking the ‘YES’ button for a $780,000,000,000 military budget.

1 Like

Strange that detractors of the 700+ billion budget give no pros and cons, nor any links to discussions of the budget from democrats. We know what they did, but what are the concrete reasons why.
Was there bait, unacceptable things in it etc.

Thanks for your perspective, but are you advocating violence in place of non-violence?

Yeah, there was bait in it. That is why the Dems voted for it in mass.

Do not feel bad Caroline so was I in 2016, but thank goodness I recognized the DNC con in 2020! And realized that when Bernie said: " IT IS NOT ABOUT ME" Bernie spoke the truth but failed to add: " IT’S ABOUT THEM’!

2 Likes

A pause for a moment of pride: United States astronauts just splashed down safely from their mission!

It starts with the fences around the WH and Portland’s federal courthouse. Will it end with the gates coming down around all those super rich gated communities? The rich are nervous and the poor and desperate are sick of the divide. Will this inaction become the final straw? Probably not. The mainstream media, Pelosi, Schumer, and anyone who can do anything about this could care less it seems.

1 Like

Thousand likes/hearts to give you if I could . . . . .
Did you just think of “its not about me, it’s about them”!??
That is great----- LOL! (though tragically dark humor)
Well said!

I agree with most of your post, but even Wall Street now sees the peoples stimulus has kept the economy afloat during this pandemic, and has encouraged congress to go much bigger in economic bailout for the people this time.