Home | About | Donate

The Crux of the Accusations Against David Sirota From the Atlantic’s Edward-Isaac Dovere Is False

The Crux of the Accusations Against David Sirota From the Atlantic’s Edward-Isaac Dovere Is False

Glenn Greenwald

The Atlantic on Tuesday published a sensationalistic series of accusations by reporter Edward-Isaac Dovere aimed at long-time journalist David Sirota, whose hiring by the Sanders 2020 presidential campaign as a speechwriter and adviser had just been announced earlier that day.

1 Like

Hmmm, who am I going to believe, Sirota or established Democrats? Not sure who those democrats are, but guess we shall see.

Back after a three second google search that indentifies Neera Tanden as a key Clinton operative as well as having worked for the Obama administration. Understandable that she would embroil herself in this, given Sirota’s piece revealed Beto to be yet another republican lite candidate.

4 Likes

Could this kind of propaganda qualify as terrorism?

1 Like

All the more pitiful is that the Atlantic and its reporter are apparently so enraptured (is this the ACTUAL “rapture” so twisted out of shape?) by the DNC knuckle-dragging rap sheet practices that they can’t guzzle the kool-aid fast enough.

All you have to do is observe the Beto and other D beans to realize that - as Monty Python so eloquently put it - "this is a dead parrot’. Amazing the prescience of trying to revive 'Reston΅!!

3 Likes

Well, thanks to Greenwald for the update.

More business as usual. Heaven forbid a non-DNC-approved candidate should openly hire someone who has written articles disapproving of his opposition.

This least-worst stuff has been poison.

2 Likes

Neera Tanden stated that the French protesters were reprehensible to be protesting against gas tax increases that would help combat climate change. That is not what they were protesting; their primary issue was the favorable tax structure that benefits the rich - same old story. I take anything from Neera with a grain of salt.

3 Likes

The only question that has any credibility is: Has Sirota’s characterization of O’Rourke been factual ?

Decades of preventing facts from getting in the way of good stories stuck us with Ronny Raygun and his five successors that have kept the agenda moving rightward.

3 Likes

Hi theoldgoat------hmmm, I guess the CIA named their project MOCKINGbird for a reason. I do not like their reason. : (

Glenn Greenwald re-tweeted this great summary:

2 Likes

I think it’s laudable that candidates are put under a microscope.

But the extent to which the mainstream media goes out of its way to undermine Bernie is simply sad.

You want to know why this country has descended into oligarchy? Because the average citizen buys into a narrative spoon-fed to them by a government/media/corporate cabal.

This election is already lining up as more of the same. To destroy this structure, I vote third party.

Join me, won’t you?

1 Like

For your listening pleasure and edification of the spoon feeding:

https://soundcloud.com/user-830442635/matt-taibbi-on-his-new-book-hate-inc

“Hate Inc.” is an update of the Noam Chomsky book “Manufacturing Consent”.

1 Like

No. Terrorism is political violence. This is more like McCarthyism. It’s a little bit like the MSM’s gang-rape of Gary Wells for (truthfully, quite. professionally) revealing USA intelligence ties to Freeway Ricky Ross, through a guns-for-drugs deal with the Contras.

2 Likes