Home | About | Donate

The Demolition of Workers’ Comp

The Demolition of Workers’ Comp

Michael Grabell, ProPublica, and Howard Berkes, NPR

Dennis Whedbee’s crew was rushing to prepare an oil well for pumping on the Sweet Grass Woman lease site, a speck of dusty plains rich with crude in Mandaree, North Dakota. It was getting late that September afternoon in 2012. Whedbee, a 50-year-old derrickhand, was helping another worker remove a pipe fitting on top of the well when it suddenly blew.

ALEC Alert!

Are we really going to go back to the way things were in the 1800s before labor rights were enacted? Will the majority of americans really stand for this? This really does need more attention in the media. Oh, the Kochs own the MSM, my bad...

Yes we are, and in fact, yes we have. Quietly and effectively, piece by piece. Are you ready for full blown corporatocracy? If people continue to vote D or R, that is what we will have WITHIN 8 YEARS. I know that sounds alarmist. Imagine how alarming it'll be when it becomes official. In less than a decade.

Glad I'm old.

Sound those alarms!! On the other hand, if folks don't get off their duff to defend what they have, I can't pity them too much. And you know that dumasses like the Kochs really beleive in their convictions. If they really get their way and when their plans fail (which they will), they will place the blame on everyone else for "not going along with the plan like they're supposed to." Never mind that the plan was flawed from the get go but arrogant bastards like them will never admit it. Call it willfull ignorance. That's the way of an arrogant bully.

This is simple, simple shit.

Allowing workers to be injured in order to pay the CEO and/or other executives more, or to increase profitability, is nothing less than engaging in combat operations on American soil against Americans.

The DoJ should charge every company and their executives & owners where an employee was injured because of lax policies & procedures and/or lack of proper spending on safety, with terrorism.

The DoJ should also charge corrupt State and local politicians who have been corrupted into passing alleged “laws” that allow these terrorists to engage in combat operations on American soil against Americans, with giving material aid to terrorists.

If corporations are people, it is time to introduce them to Mr. Capital Punishment.