Home | About | Donate

The DNC Confederacy of Dunces Is Back at It for 2020

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2019/08/07/dnc-confederacy-dunces-back-it-2020

2 Likes

Thanks CD and thank you Mr. Atcheson. For reminding progressives, yet again, how far we haven’t traveled down the road to political empowerment and real mass actualization for the good of the whole nation’s/planet’s interests.
Both this article and, its other links, retell a sad, truly dishonest and near perfect real story about the disaster that is the current leadership of the Democratic Party, DNC, DCCC and DSCC. And really, how can anyone who’s not brain dead, leave out the union leadership and stale old liberal think tanks, too. Who refuse to wander into an elephant’s grave yard and finally just give it up.
2020 will be the beginning of the end or the end, and a new beginning, for the progressive forces growing stronger every year in America.
" We shall, we shall, we shall not be moved " by the elites of this corrupted current Neo-Liberal Establishment. The Uniparty of the 1% must be dismantled or the 99s will be forced by them, and their international allies, to dig our own graves. Yes indeed, it’s beginning to be that dire.

10 Likes

The DNC’s anthem will continue to be the Rolling Stones’ Sister Morphine until they find a 12 step program to shake corporate money addiction.

8 Likes

Problem is, the d-party establishment gets a win-win by sticking with being Republican lite:

The corporate money gravy train keeps rolling into the d-party station.
When they lose, they can continue to blame the hippies.

12 Likes

A “war”?   Hardly.  More like an embarrassing food fight in the freshman dining hall at a second-tier private prep school.  About all the Wednesday night Dog and Jackass Show proved is that NONE of
those second-tier candidates on the stage that evening is any more qualified to be Presidunce of the United States than the current occupant of the White House.  At least there were a couple of serious
– and qualified – candidates on stage Tuesday.  We can only hope that the DNC’s quest to saddle us with a status-quo candidate in 2020 is no more successful than the “debates” foisted on us by CNN
last week.

BERNIE & 'BETH 2020!!

5 Likes

How many corporations does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Answer: None. They have an overwhelming supply of subservient Democrat politicians bought and paid for to do such menial tasks.

12 Likes

it would help if their voters could shake the LOTE addiction in the process.

Neither is likely to happen.

4 Likes

Had to play that one for everybody.

DNC Anthem : Please, Sister Morphine Turn My Nightmares Into Dreams.

4 Likes

Wish I shared you’re optimism about the post 2020 situation for the growing numbers of progressives. The political system has been rigged so completely, there’s nowhere for us to go. The courts have agreed with the dem party, that they are a private org., and can legally do what ever they want. The progressive takeover of the party was a complete failure. The roadblocks enacted by both d’s and r’s including the endorsement of corrupt voting machines that count the votes, ensure no viable 3rd party will gain any political traction, and the people are so broke, shutting down the country with massive strikes will mean many will starve, so that’s all but out.
Meanwhile Rome and the Planet are burning, I wish I had a viable answer, instead of just depressing news, but I don’t.

5 Likes

If Biden is the nominee, it may be Hillary part II. I realize a lot is dependent on happenings during the next yr and 3 months, but Biden is 99.9% a third way Clinton/Obama “centrist” Democrat. And, if Dem voters stay home …

8 Likes

Just remember, no matter how the entrenched D party establishment or the corporate media spin it and no matter how hard they play their Trump, the Boogeyman card, going with another centrist candidate means NO CHANGE, ZIP, NADA. We may get a more politically correct face and more pleasant corporate commercial stooge to lie to the masses, but that’s all. The current trends and rates of inequality, gun violence, environmental and climate deterioration and so much more will continue, sucking us ever deeper into the abyss. Replacing Trump with more of the creeps that opened the door for Trump goes beyond being a mere waste of time. It is now downright suicidal.

6 Likes

The excellent analysis in this column will be ignored by many because of the ad hominem attack in the headline.

While referring to Centrists as “A Confederacy of Dunces” might have been cathartic for the writer (and for me as a Progressive reader), I think more persuadable Democrats would read the article if the was something like “How Progressives Can Do What Centrists Couldn’t - Beat Trump!”

2 Likes

Progressive failure? Not so fast… there, fella. Sen. Sanders was polling at 3% in 03-2015 when he officially went after the Corporate Dems. ( R U aware Bernie almost took on OhBummer in 2012 ). And, his supporters and progressives generally grow stronger every month across the planet. ( In California it was Republicans who elected Sen. Feinstein over DeLeon in 2018; btw, a hard and inconvenient truth for Sen. Harris and her crowd of Neos. )
Keep in mind, as well, the true history of progressive politics is to have one boot up the arse of The Establishment ( Monopolists, Et als )
and, one boot firmly planted with the outsiders and those who are being purposely cast off and left behind by the corrupted elites.
" Knuckle up or knuckle under "; really now, what more can be said to progressives.

3 Likes

Didactic, unironic pomposity, obdurate condescension, speciously oblivious entitlement, dead-eyed corrupt smug narcissism… What more could we the peons want of our perpetual oppressors? Once Henry Wallace got stomped down by neoConfederate Dixicrats; once you could market fear of Russia, Blacks, Latinos… of uppity women; our tag-team kleptocracy became just another Ford vs Chevy joke. It’s all just the same protection scheme, they’ve managed to pull on deplorables, since it was fear of pissed off Shawnee and Wyandotte heathens, slave rebellion & traitors among us?

4 Likes

Well observed.

We might want to carry Atcheson’s point even a step further. It is not as though so-called “centrist” right-wing Democrats are “reluctant to take on” these large corporations. They came to take them on and sponsors, and they have done so.

Just because they pretend to espouse popular causes, when they do, does not mean that they have any intention of implementing them.

2 Likes

If the dnc screws bernie he will be the first write in candidate to win the presidency. I think as we draw closer any intelligent person is going to see Joe Biden cannot win.

3 Likes

The author uses every approach in the book, Steve, ranging from polite cheerleading to calling dunces ‘dunces.’ His biggest mistake isn’t tone. It’s believing the d-party leadership wants to win – they could care less as long as corporate money flows in – or that the party can be reformed from within – no effin way, Son.

6 Likes

As the 2018 election shows, maybe the world isn’t as green as it is rainbow- hued; much to the dismay of some wannabes, no doubt. Think 1972, 1984 and 1988 Dem primaries with a much larger constituency and a fatter wallet, to boot.
Just because 1/2 the Democratic Party has been " outed " as ideological frauds; it doesn’t necessarily follow that their political miscalculations will prevail, ultimately.

Or maybe all the d-party has is not quite being as bad as the other half of the duopoly, which in many an election cycle is all they need.

I take it you’ll be voting blue-no-matter-who in 2020, mrsann?
That’ll show em.’

1 Like

Nice title. From my experiences lately, I doubt that the centrists in the DNC will read the article or heed the warning no matter what the title. I am truly coming to the conclusion that the centrists prefer Trump over progressives.

5 Likes