Home | About | Donate

The Doctrine of Armed Exceptionalism

The Doctrine of Armed Exceptionalism

William Hartung

Through good times and bad, regardless of what’s actually happening in the world, one thing is certain: in the long run, the Pentagon budget won’t go down.

It is quite clear that the US along with many other innocent countries is occupied by a rogue terrorist outfit called the Pentagon.

The Pentagon is just one of many components of the military industrial media infotainment complex (MIMIC) that is owned by Wall Street and its London Affiliates.

Voters' fear buttons are being pushed harder than ever in election 2016 including Obama and Clinton pushing to restart the cold war with Russia, one of MIMIC's favorite profit centers of all time.

Progressives need to ask themselves honestly what President Obama did to confront the MIC or any other aspect of the national security state apparatus. The answer, I'm afraid, is virtually nothing. It will take a truly exceptional and strong leader to rally the American people behind the cause and finally challenge the "deep state" head on. But like Diogenes searching the streets of Athens for an "honest man," I see no such leader today.

Someone needs to tell Obama and Hillary children are not born to be droned.

Let's fix these problems once and for all.

Direct Democracy. No politicians.

...So you think the British should have won the American War for Independence?

The American people are getting exactly what they deserve for supporting the exceptional military intervention ideology. Actually their discomfort is going to get much worse. It is what I would call a build up of bad Karma but which is really, in effect, a natural result from the constant destruction and killing the US excels in so much, but which creates implacable enemies with very long memories, enemies which may someday acquire the means to wreak horrible revenge on the US!

The Oligarchy's Constitution:

"The U.S. Constitution can reasonably be seen as a massive tax and mercantilist trade-promotion program. However, there’s a third leg to this stool. It was a national-security program as well — almost a proto-PATRIOT Act. Indeed, these three elements formed an integrated project: it gave the new central government independent power to raise revenue by taxing individuals directly and to establish an army and navy in order to advance, by force if necessary, American trade. This, I submit, was not exactly a libertarian project. It let a terrifying genie out of the bottle ostensibly in order to contain it. Or, as James Madison put it, “You must first enable the government to control the governed; and in the next place oblige it to control itself.”

We had one candidate with unquestionable courage, ethics, and experience, but something happened on his way to the White House. Not being an insider, I won't venture a guess what it was that happened.
I've always believed Trump is a straw man in 2016 presidential election discourse. It's a broadly cynical perspective, but it is what it is and it's mine.

Anyone dreaming of dismantling the military industrial complex should have learned by now that conventional political process democratic or otherwise is not going to do the job. To believe other wise is just so much smoke and mirrors. But that is not to say there isn't a way! It just requires a revolution of a different order. And it may already be getting started! http://www.energon.org.uk

Garrett, you're right on target ---- but now let's "fire for effect".

The only suggested change I would have to the truth you have displayed would be to focus-in and use this tougher language, "the US along with many other innocent countries is occupied by a rogue terrorist outfit called" the Disguised Global Capitalist EMPIRE, of which the 'Militarist-sector', the 'Merchants of Death', aka the MIC, are controlling the Pentagon, and actually 'ordering' the criminal killing to underwrite their obscene profits.

BTW, the thousands of times greater profits of those "Merchants of Death", global weapons makers, and MICers who only 'poses' as "defense contractors" on TV, but conspire to make a literal 'killing' of profits around the world, eventually come home to the metropole of the EMPIRE HQed in America and are the largest source of funding for the NRA, which is their PR bullhorn because the messaging of "The only thing that will stop a bad-guy with a gun, is a good-guy with a bigger gun" --- and that NRA message is advertising that's worth golden profits to the "Merchants of Death".

Same propagandist message engendering 'fear' to sell a few hundreds of $ millions in small arms domestically --- but which drives the $ 1000x larger profits of selling 75% of all global BIG weapons sales throughout the world!!~

Merchants of Death were called "Death Eaters" in Harry Potter.

I'm beginning to think Bernie Sanders was so popular because people could see him as the good wizard, Professor Dumbledore. Where is Harry Potter when we need him?

" Any president that gets in the way of the MIC will meet the same fate as JFK did in Dallas."

True, because ever since the coup d' etat in 1963 all subsequent presidents have gotten this message loud and clear: You dare to challenge the Pentagon, the CIA and the American military and you will meet the same fate as JFK.