Home | About | Donate

The DuPont and Dow Chemical Merger: Bad Deal for People and the Planet

The DuPont and Dow Chemical Merger: Bad Deal for People and the Planet

Sarah Lazare, staff writer

Watchdog groups are sounding the alarm after two of the oldest and largest corporations in the United States—DuPont and Dow Chemical—announced Friday plans to merge into a $130 billion giant, thereby establishing the world's biggest seed and pesticide conglomerate.

2 Likes

I think they should call it DuDow…

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

5 Likes

A further incentive to get Big Money and revolving doors out of politics.

3 Likes

These are both incredibly evil companies (the Indian Bhopal Disaster comes to mind). They will become a virtual syndicate like MonSatan if allowed to merge.

My personal experiences with Dupunt are very bad. I once flew with a Captain who was married to one of the Dupunt sisters. He was a licensed international arms dealer and rumored to be gun-running all over the world, fomenting conflict and war everywhere he dabbled. This is one of the dynasty families who really run our government.

I won’t even go into the nerve damage that pesticides produce. Dupunt produced Non-Stick Cookware which is incredibly dangerous to your health if it gets overheated or scraped, and I recently was sickened when a non-stick rice cooker overheated and the non-stick plastic made from oil, melted into the rice. With worthless kangaroo Corporate Courts preventing any meaningful damages to victims, China firms continue to peddle sub-standard imitations of these incredibly dangerous products, and sell them all over the world.

The above are all just my opinions only.

TJ

6 Likes

More malignant growth from the cancer of capitalismo

5 Likes

Anti-trust management completely gone, and our corrupted Federal Mafia still claim we have a democracy as we are entering the Corporate elites global dictatorship under the guise of ‘free trade’

5 Likes

Call me paranoid. This deal stinks of collusion and monopoly. There are all kinds of rumors floating around about chemical cold fusion and energy from chemical manipulation of sand. The U.S has been the fossil fuel energy banking hegemon since WWII. TPP and TTIP have hegemonic patent controls. Is this the precursor and vehicle to a new worldwide energy banking hegemon?

2 Likes

Everything that farmers grow produces its own seeds. Why do they think they are forced to by poison GMO seed from unscrupulous chemical companies. Since the begging of civilization farmers have harvested their own seeds.It has only been in recent years that farmers started buying their seeds from someone else. I guess this practice started because it was conveniet. It is a convenience that we can no longer afford. The seed providers are selling bad seeds that are designed pacifically to sell their chemical fertilizers, and cancer causing insecticides. That is the only reason that these chemical companies went into the seed business.

3 Likes

Murderers for decades; and yet, nothing has been done to bring these evil corps to justice!

2 Likes

dewolfson sez: “I think they should call it DuDow…”

Ayuh. I was actually thinking Dowdy DuDee. Buffalo Bob for CEO.

better…

Perhaps. There’s no doubt in my mind that TTP, TTIP, etc. constitutes a huge corporate coup as it is.