Home | About | Donate

The Eurasian Big Bang: How China and Russia Are Running Rings Around Washington

The Eurasian Big Bang: How China and Russia Are Running Rings Around Washington

Pepe Escobar

Let’s start with the geopolitical Big Bang you know nothing about, the one that occurred just two weeks ago.

Always refreshing to read Mr. Escobar to see outside the East-West/good guys-bad guys limited frame that the conventional Western (particularly U.S.) media emphasizes.

Yes. BRICS and these new trade pacts added to a coincidence of "tipping points" relating to climate change cum chaos will alter the narratives (and planned outcomes) preferred by the MIC, its supporters, and others who suffer from the myopia of empire-building... especially during a phase of near utter and absolute chaos.

I wouldn't hold my breath for a Russia, China alignment. They have fought three wars in the past 100 years. That said, it just shows how outclassed and clueless our current administration is here in the US.

"I wouldn't hold my breath for a Russia, China alignment. They have fought three wars in the past 100 years."

What's your prediction of a USA/Germany alignment, considering the two World Wars?

That said, China and Russia are close allies in SCO (Shanghai Cooperative Organization), considered the non-NATO NATO (without the occupation of lesser nations by soldiers from the main economic powerhouse, China - in contrast to NATO). China gets all of it's advanced non-Chinese military technology from Russia, and knows that Russia and China are the only countries left that can say "no" to the declining US empire.

China Briefing July 11, 2015
Shanghai Cooperation Organization Admits India & Pakistan

Russia exports natural gas to china in huge quantities and relatively recent trade deals between the two countries increased that partnership. China is as might be imagined a major exporter to Russia. They may still bristle on occasion but this is not the days of Mao or Kruschev.

A 'no girls allowed in the clubhouse' analogy might apply concerning NATO but also (increasingly) the advent of a chinese blue water naval presence in the Pacific.

Times change... as do allies.

This looks more and more like a thousand year coalescing that waxes and wanes.