Home | About | Donate

The FBI ‘Missed’ Orlando Shooter Omar Mateen. What Should We Do?

The FBI ‘Missed’ Orlando Shooter Omar Mateen. What Should We Do?

Peter Van Buren

If I had to choose one phrase to sum up America’s efforts against terrorism since 9/11, it would be that lay definition of mental illness, doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

Following 9/11 we had to go after the terrorists in their dark lairs. So we did, in Afghanistan, then Iraq, then Libya, then Yemen, then by militarizing Africa, the Iraq again and then Syria. We’ve been bombing and invading places in the Middle East continuously since 9/11, every day expecting different results.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I would like to know if Mateen was on anti-depressants?

Does anyone have this information and citation for it?

Thank you

Delusion or disinformation? Hard to tell:

"Following 9/11 we had to go after the terrorists in their dark lairs. So we did, in Afghanistan, then Iraq, then Libya, then Yemen, then by militarizing Africa, the Iraq again and then Syria. We’ve been bombing and invading places in the Middle East continuously since 9/11, every day expecting different results."

The first misconception is that 911 involved FOREIGN terrorists.

The second misconception is this idea that WE went after them.

Bush sent the military into nations that had NOTHING to do with 911. What they did represent were points on the Project For a New American Century map... points destined for destruction and dissolution to satisfy the Empire Builders who could care LESS what the public thinks.

Using shock and awe on their own citizens...

Commandeering a mass media with foot soldiers marching lockstep in the recitation of the same memes, Talking Points, and Official Narratives...

And seeing supposedly "in the know" Intelligence professionals (like Van Burne) still pushing the fake story line... a story line used to justify wars based on evidence that was FIXED for that very thing.

It's all nauseating. And dishonest.

Policies based upon and borne of rabid deception are not ones that can be honestly tied to the citizenry. And besides, just because right wing imbeciles go ape-shit over the ILLUSION of an attack; and lots of white guys identify with guns and militarism is not the same thing as total support.

Therefore, the sloppy use of the term WE is there for one purpose: to manufacture consent.

Schizophrenic by design, or due to a flaw in the writer's own perception?

"From a relatively modest start, we advanced to Snowden-esque levels where every phone call, every email and every GPS-tracked move of everyone is monitored, every day expecting different results."

The "WE" that advanced the Snowden-esque levels of surveillance represent the Deep State and its covert cadre of willing employees. It hardly represents the citizenry, lest Van Buren attempt to couple those being spied upon with those doing the spying.

I HATE these false memes.

And I really resent the PROFESSIONAL LIARS who traffic in them.

I don't want to be spied on.

I don't consent to being spied on.

I never gave any permission for this VIOLATION of long-established law.

Very specific individuals gave the order for the spying and lots of kids who don't have Snowden's moral compass or cajones are DOING it. They do not represent ME or the MILLIONS who oppose the creeping Totalitarianism that you, Mr. Van Burden, are lending cover to by the species of text you purposely utilize.

Don't tell me you got far within the Intelligence community without any training in HOW words work... lest you're one of those clones who only performs his own niche's duties and has no problem with living as a Little Eichmann content to produce on a "need to know basis." Morality, be damned!

More of this shit?

"When it seemed we did not have the intelligence and enforcement tools needed, we created a new cabinet level agency, the Department of Homeland Security."

Right, you jackass! WE created Homeland Security... not the Bush Junta using the reverberating trauma of its own shock and awe operation (aimed AT the homeland) to set up this Inverted Totalitarian System?

(Can YOU pass a lie detector test? Say these things with a straight face?)

Did you miss The Page and Gilens Study, Van Buren? The one that made it quite clear that CITIZENS have had ZERO influence over policies in recent years.

How DARE you conflate what Power is doing WITH those being done unto?

I see right through you... just call me that conscience you anesthetized long ago!

How to stop terrorism----Stop selling arms around the world---why are we selling arms to Saudi Arabia?-why are we selling arms to Vietnam?---why do we even have relations with Saudi Arabia, women are slaves and gay people are put to death! People who speak against the ruling family get their heads cut off.--The US props up this ruling family in Saudi Arabia and the people hate Americans for this.

I only saw this on DN---one of those shot said the shooter stated it was pay back for what was happening to his country?

In paragraph 7, why name the Boston bombers and Orlando shooters without mentioning their religion (which they believe helped motivate them), but then mention that abortion clinic shooters are "angry" and "white". Aren't almost all shooters angry? Why is a shooter's "whiteness" somehow relevant? What point is this author attempting to make with such a clear biased choice of wording?
Please do not assume I am trying to make a point. I am only asking questions.

what does a 'background check' actually signify ? ANYONE ? can buy an assault rifle ? especially one who has been tracked and interviewed by the incompetent FBI. The whole episode is tragic. Can anyone purchase a bazooka, tank, helicopter gunship ?? Or are they reserved for the Israeli military to be used against Palestinians only ?