Home | About | Donate

The FCC Still Doesn’t Know How the Internet Works

The FCC Still Doesn’t Know How the Internet Works

Erica Portnoy, Jeremy Gillula

They also don't care.

"The FCC’s latest plan to kill net neutrality is still riddled with technical errors and factual inaccuracies." (Photo: Joseph Gruber/flickr/cc)

“It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it”---------Upton Sinclair

This is a good example of the results of politicization of regulatory agencies. There is more to come.

Exactly!

I guess all those comments the FCC got were sent in my post or hand-delivered because an ‘information’ service wouldn’t have let them communicate with the FCC.

I suspect that clever, independent tech rebels will hack their way around the new fees and let average wage-slave joes in on the game.

Well at least the authors, in the last paragraph, dropped the premise that Pai and his ilk don’t understand the internet. They understand it perfectly well. The hopelessly dumbed-down Congress regularly allots money to the study of acupuncture, homeopathy, and prayer healing at a distance, so if you think an appeal to facts and scientific reasoning will influence them, you must be on hallucinogens. Has the truth, staring every man, woman, and child in the face about the utter failure and futility of our military aggression changed any of the behavior of Congress? On either side of the aisle?

What the FCC does not understand does not inform the chairman’s decision. His former stint as Horizon’s lobbyist, and his immediate and determined push for the FCC to kill net neutrality, despite the millions of citizens’ voices raised against his doing so, is avarice, pure and simple. I refuse to give him the courtesy of calling it ideology, for ideology implies that he has a belief system, a center.

Money drives his mien, nothing else.