Home | About | Donate

The Fear, Like the Cruelty, Is the Point

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2019/07/12/fear-cruelty-point

4 Likes

Fear muddles the mind. Trump’s fear is that if the fear dies down, people will be able to see more clearly what a vile charlatan he is.

9 Likes

Herr Trump and his Gestapo ICE and his army of backers, appeasers, and media propagandists paint an ominous, dangerous, wicked, evil portrait. We are entering a nightmare.
Never again! This needs to be quashed yesterday. Wake up apathetic masses!

6 Likes

Brown shirts and Nazis = ICE and republicans.

6 Likes

strong text[quote=“mokey, post:2, topic:65592, full:true”]
Fear muddles the mind. Trump’s fear is that if the fear dies down, people will be able to see more clearly what a vile charlatan he is.
[/quote]

1 Like

Absolutely correct. Fear seems to short circuit (Trump) logic and analysis for most people.

2 Likes

Fascism creeps while America sleeps.

8 Likes

Fascism is here, and it hasn’t crept since St. Ronnie started the parade of brown, black, and camo shirts in the 80s. The parade to fascism became more obvious when the Twin Towers were knocked down. Fascism’s footsteps grow louder every day. We’re just getting accustomed to the noise.

9 Likes

I really wish that the media would take the focus off trump so that we may see who is exactly responsible for the policy decisions of the White House: the GOP. They are getting a massive gift by 100% of the blame for everything going to that deranged, old money launderer who is more of an accidental president than not.

6 Likes

A caption for the trump picture. “Thank you, thank you, aren’t I great?”
WH policy decisions? It was Fox Noise for a while, until they didn’t see eye to eye with trump on something. I think trump doesn’t trust them now, but is willing to bounce stuff off of them.
But trump Is THE guy in general, unless he finds he just can’t get his way when he’s wrong among his people.

DON’T FORGET! DEMOCRATS JUST GAVE TRUMP 5 BILLION TO BEEF UP THE POLICE STATE!-----I AM VERY SORRY THAT THIS STATEMENT IS UNCLEAR???WELL MY STATEMENT IS STILL UNCLEAR---------democrats like Raul Ruiz voted to give Trump 5 billion to beef up the CORPORATE MILITARY POLICE STATE.

2 Likes

Another word for Trumpers is terrorists.

2 Likes

A great reckoning is in the works. If only it was just political theatre that troubles us, but that is merely the current presenting symptom.

Either the poor & desperate - as well as the seriously disenchanted - will find a way to stop this long-running insanity that has culminated in The Donald, or nature is going to do the job for us.

2 Likes

Action taken for the purpose to instill fear in a group is the legal definition of TERRORISM. Trump is the suicide bomber sent to Washington by terrorists who want to destroy ‘the government’. They know very well that he is a “F***ing Moron”, a pathologic liar, and an incredibly dangerous sociopath - they just don’t care. Some of the reasons why they distrust the government may be valid, but they have been brainwashed into believing that government - theoretically self-rule - is the problem. They fail to recognize that the ONLY reason that the grifters, criminals and charlatans have been able to take control of THEIR government is because they have abandoned their responsibility to pay attention and participate in the business of democracy - and THAT is why they no longer have a functioning democracy. Trump is a colossal failure as both a man and a business man, who has been sent on a mission to destroy our government by a bunch of self-loathing terrorists. What difference is there between his MAGA mantra and the promise of 72 awaiting virgins - really, what difference at all?

3 Likes

In My lifetime, the Republican Party has always been about, and preached: Fear, Greed, Misogyny, White Supremacy. Nothing new here.

And as Seth Meyers has said recently:

“Trump didn’t change the GOP, he turned them loose,” .

2 Likes

Rumor has it , the ICE police will be getting new Brown Shirts before they begin rounding up people to put in the Concentration Camps. Isn’t that nice of The Donald ?

Good thing for Don that none of what he does is impeachable.

…as long as 3rd Way Nancy and Milquetoast Chuck are driving

2 Likes

Eloquently said Crabpot. Nothing to add to your synopsis.

I hope that after providing those Brown Shirts some of the billions go for toothbrushes, soap, clothing, and bedding.