Home | About | Donate

'The Fight Is Still On': Hundreds Protest Sex Slave Accord in South Korea

The problem is Japan, unlike Germany, has never really owned up to its war crimes during and before World War II. I had a friend that was raised in Japan, and she said World War II was barely mentioned in her history class..except for Okinawa and the two atomic bombs.

With most japanese veterans now deceased, it is not the fault of the Japanese now living for what happened in World War II. Collective guilt for what someone's ancestors did is rightfully rejected by most thinking people.

A real acknowledgment of the suffering caused by the Japanese attacks on their neighbors, the 11 million civilians killed, the mass killing of POW's, the couple hundred thousand killed by the notorious Section 731 by medical experiments, and the sexual enslavement of Korean, Chinese, Fillipino, and Dutch women, would help everyone involved get past that terrible war.

Apologize, make restitution to those few still alive, and move on.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

You can't forgive

Those who only wish to forget

The Korean and Japanese government did make an agreement. It is just that some want it to go further. It is never enough, is it?

While we are at it, we should probably ask the WW2 Allies to pay the Germans for raping 3 MILLION German women AFTER the war was over and killing many of them after doing their dirty deeds. Of course, some people says 'the Germans deserved it'. No, no one deserves this.

In fact, more Germans died AFTER the war than during it. However, 'they deserved it', right?

At least the Japanese did not murder and mutilate their victims and were not quite as brutal as the Bolshevists and their allies. It is a gruesome history that just is not talked about. Do your research on this. Don't take my word for it.

Well, you are right on the German civilians. Four times as many German civilians were killed during the retreats on the eastern front in the last 6 months of the war, and the two years following the war, as were killed in the bombings. The mass expulsions of ethnic Germans by the Russians, Czechs, Poles, ect was the largest mass forced migration in history. People are usually astonished, and accuse me of making it up, when I tell them this. True though.

The eastern front was brutal, and the Germans killed over 15 million civilians in those 4 short years, so I can understand, but not sanction, the desire for revenge against them.

Still hasn't officially ended...Russia and Japan never settled. Mass rapes in the hundreds of thousands by the Soviets on civilians happened, historical fact. Most women reported that it was not the front line combat soldiers as much as the follow up troops. I doubt very much that Stalin gave any such orders to protect civilians. His chief propogandist broadcaster ,Illya Erenburg was busy, in the Spring of 1945, broadcasting "The hour of revenge has arrived!". He could not have done this without Stalin's expressed approval.

Thank you for the link, which will probably haunt me forever. If you're a guy, double respect.