Home | About | Donate

The Financial Powers Behind the Dakota Access Pipeline Must Be Confronted

The Financial Powers Behind the Dakota Access Pipeline Must Be Confronted

Krystal Two Bulls

The “Dakota Access” Pipeline (DAPL) is a $3.8 billion, 1,100 mile fracked-oil pipeline that is currently under construction running from the Bakken shale fields of North Dakota to Peoria, Illinois. DAPL is slated to cross Lakota Treaty Territory at the Standing Rock Sioux Reservation where it would be laid underneath the Missouri River, the longest river on the continent.

Neither the Democratic nor the Republican Party are our friends.
Capitalism is not our friend.
Those candidates like Hillary who take campaign money from the fossil fuel industry and from billionaires who are invested in the fossil fuel industry are not our friends.
We must nationalize the fossil fuel industry and
vote for Jill Stein.

I can think of no other way to say this. Citizens of the US are being backed into a corner by our government from which there is only one exit.

The greedy people behind this black snake are being confronted by the brave Lakota Sioux at Standing Rock. Please support these brave protectors that are trying to stop this poisonous, black snake.

They have asked the world to help them fight these powers and take back our planet. This is a call for all of us that see what the oil and gas industries have done to our lives and futures of our children. We have to stand up and help in any way we can. Now is the time to start the resistance.

Great to see journalists who make sure facts get in the way of hyperbole, the opposite of most of which passes for journalism these days.

Great article - how about the Cherokee Creek Music festival held each year at Warren's ranch in the Texas Hill country to raise money for Cherokee Crossroads Inc. Who is on the take here? - bet it is not Cherokee people.

Thank you for your detailed investigative journalism! I will keep this as reference as I want to learn more and do what I can. Water quality has been a huge concern of mine for decades, as well as finding alternative, renewable and environmental-friendly energy alternatives to fossil fuel. I am very grateful for all of those in North Dakota who are putting themselves on the line to stop the pipeline!

What are the best ways I can help? I live in Seattle and participated in a Break Free protest at Anacortes, WA earlier this year. Sadly, there were very few from the media, and the masses of protestors that were anticipated did not turn out for the weekend event.

In my opinion, traditional protests and marches no longer work if the media doesn't show up and make it headline news. I like the idea of targeting the main financing banks and key individuals who are profiting from this. I want to get involved with these strategies.

"The Financial Powers Behind the Dakota Access Pipeline Must Be Confronted."
If this RESONATES with you, then you may be interested in "The Global Emergency" by M.V. Summers. at newmessage.org

My email to Citigroup bounced back, do you have other options to suggest?