Home | About | Donate

The For-Profit Presidency, Month One

The For-Profit Presidency, Month One

Robert Weissman

One month into the Trump administration, and it’s clear that there has been a wholesale corporate takeover of the government

A day-by-day review of the administration’s first month shows that virtually every day there has been a new, extraordinary grant of power to corporate interests and/or another development in Donald Trump’s get-rich-quick-scheme known as the American presidency.

America has never seen anything like this, and it’s only the first month.

Like I have posted before, Trump running for POTUS was purely a business decision. And what we have now in Washington D. Ceit. is a complete corporate coup d' 'etat.

Weissman sez: "(I)t’s clear that there has been a wholesale corporate takeover of the government."

What's news here is not the phrase "corporate takeover", but the words, "it's clear".

And, like I have posted before, the best way to piss off a rich prick, is by hitting him in his wallet.

Join the, #GrabYourWallet Boycott, get the spreadsheet that shows you which companies to not spend your hard earned money at, and let them eat brioche.

Donald and Ivanka have been reported to be 'unhappy' about the Boycotts success.

He's all anti-establishment that Trump!

While it is true that there has been an incremental takeover of regulatory agencies by corporate interests, this total full frontal assault is significant and represents an end game move by that "anti-establishment" Trump.

Thanks. The only way to reach these monsters is to take away the only thing they really love....their $$$!

The corporate takeover of the government was finalized before 1993, when "Third Way" Democrat Bill Clinton took office and the Democratic Party became the "New Democrats," i.e. "Republican Lite."

I'm guessing that like most of us, Weissman wants things to change for the better in the U.S. Unfortunately, that will require being honest about how we got into this mess, and the Democratic Party elite prefer to remain steadfastly in denial.

This is delicious, if bittersweet:

Bernie would likely have not won, unfortunately.

Bernie had double digits over both Hillary and Trump in the polls.
So, why do you think that he wouldn't have??

What's not clear?

What Donald Trump does in excess and in the open only repeats the course of the DNC especially after Clinton and his Third Way and the Supreme Court Citizen's United decision. The whole system is rotten.

So, clean air and water and a healthy environment is the reason the economy sucks, and if we dirty it up the economy gets better. Better for whom?

The usual penalty for treason or subversion and destruction of our free republic is final. The perpetrators and co-conspirators are subject for such a terminal ending to their coup and crimes against the people! Once enough people, including many of trumps supporter base, realize the enormity of the deception, destruction of our Constitutional/Bill of Rights protections, and the grand-con robbery taking place before our eyes, and identify the perps, we the people will demand an accounting and prosecutions, with the usual punishment for treason of this sort for all involved - "I was just following orders" or pleading ignorance will not fly...............for capital crimes, for swine that use capital to perpetrate their crimes, capital punishment!