Home | About | Donate

The Gathering Financial Storm Is Just One Effect of Corporate Power Unbound

The Gathering Financial Storm Is Just One Effect of Corporate Power Unbound

George Monbiot

What have governments learned from the financial crisis? I could write a column spelling it out. Or I could do the same job with one word: nothing.

That's your takeaway from an article on trade agreements replacing effective regulations with ineffective self-regulation?

Jews?

Please.

Sounds about right. Now all I can see is Snidely Whiplash tying Nell Fenwick to the railroad tracks and Hillary Clinton high fiving Barack Obama. Ya know, the Republicans could of never pulled this off after the Iraq II disaster. It took a good Democrat to do these dastardly deeds. " I feel your pain and you need more of it., " screams Snidely, as he whips Nell with an odd vigor.

Thank you, Mr. Monbiot... this is IT in a nutshell:

"Step back a pace and you see that all these crises arise from the same cause. Players with huge power and global reach are released from democratic restraint. This happens because of a fundamental corruption at the core of politics. In almost every nation the interests of economic elites tend to weigh more heavily with governments than do those of the electorate. Banks, corporations and landowners wield an unaccountable power, which works with a nod and a wink within the political class. Global governance is beginning to look like a never-ending Bilderberg meeting."

Bravo!

Just as it took Obama and the Democratic Party controlled Congress to push the GOP's Heritage Foundation-spawned "healthcare reform" over the finish line, disguised as the Affordable Care Act (ACA) of course.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

And Allen Dulles in the middle of it ... There is more than just a little evidence that he had a hand in the assassination of JFK, along with Poppy Bush -- couldn't let anyone get in the way of their plans.

ctrl_z:
I don't understand how you came up with this comment- especially "Jews" part?
Please explain-

It was a reply to a comment that is no longer in the thread.

Kinda what I thought but I have never seen them totally disappear- I have to write "deleted" or some such thing-