Home | About | Donate

The GOP Has Become a Death Cult

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/04/16/gop-has-become-death-cult

5 Likes

Well, all I can say is that I hope all these “death cult conservative nut cases” find the demise they wish for and leave the rest of us the Fuck Alone!

11 Likes

The GOP is an extension of the south before the Civil War. White supremacy rules with no “democracy”. A few wealthy white men run the show using terror as the method for control. The virus knows none of this. While Trumpco do not live closely with the masses the red states do. Good-bye and I do not wish you well.

8 Likes

For the past half century the GOP has pushed to realize 19th century robber baron Jay Gould’s dream for “half of the working class to kill the other half”.

6 Likes

From my perspective, the Republican Party is really the Amerikan, Fascist, Party. What more proof does one need than the fact Trump was exonerated by his fellow fascists in the senate!

5 Likes

The GOP Has Become a Death Cult

That headline says it all!

7 Likes

Like it says in the Blue Collar Review:
Given the reality of this moment, we are either witnessing the economic and social collapse of civilization and the rise of brutal fascism inherent in disaster capitalism or the beginning of a new era of progressive fightback as so many find ourselves with no other realistic choice.

It is increasingly obvious that we are in undeniable need of Medicare for All, a minimum income and the job-creation and climate sanity of a Green New Deal. The time for the Jonestown rule of corporations and billionaires is being exposed and must be swept way by this pandemic.

8 Likes

I hope every single one of those losers die. Sorry, not really.

3 Likes

The GOP-DNC junta is a death cult… a murder-suicide cult intent on destroying everything of value on Planet Earth. Those who support either of its factions (the extreme right-wing GOP or the right-wing DNC) are brainwashed hostages of GOP-DNC Jonestown, ie, Washington, DC.

5 Likes

Well for starters, please watch the latest Jimmy Dore show and then tell me who’s become a death cult. It always helps to keep the eyeballs open ! 0:00 / 34:12
#TheJimmyDoreShow
Obama Gaslights Non-Stop In Endorsement Video For Biden

3 Likes

±±+++++++++++++++±…

Do not b sorry ! The don’t care about the working class

Jimmy Dore gets it, both Parties have murdered untold numbers of innocent people for a lie, Obama is nothing but a war criminal!

6 Likes

Well said, and sadly true on all points…great writing, Mr. Lofgren.

5 Likes

The Democratic Party is a broad-based coalition of America; much more so than the Republican Party, as it currently constructed.
It is overwhelmingly white, for obvious starters.
It is overwhelmingly evangelical, as well.
It is overwhelmingly dominated by males in positions of authority.
It is overwhelmingly against equal rights, blindingly so, in terms of the LGBQT+ community.
I’m tired of your lazy scholarship, lousy logic, false conclusions and ignorant assumptions.
Why are you drawing such bogus explanations from your source material; the false equivalency well of willful blindness, of course?
There’s more but why bother with your ilk. We’ve seen you before in the star chambers of the White Citizens Councils found in every provincial backwater in this country.
Which part of Lofgren’s column didn’t you get?
I guess if progressives are to be good mechanics, we’ll just have to check under the hood.
Savvy?

4 Likes

Mike, to paraphrase Carlos Santana, ev’ry word that you write is TRUE!

2 Likes

I only came back to read your comment because someone else disagreed with you. I don’t bother with your kind of anti democratic party attitude any more. There is plenty to deal with answering to the republican party alone, so I focus my time spent on CD dealing with the worst of us. The right-wingers, and the duffus Americans that are caught up in a culture of lying politicians.
Sure there are bad apples on the left, but I’m remiss to get over critical of them.

Furthermore, democrats need to find a way to run congressional oversight committee hearings from home.
Times-a-wasting.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t like to see anyone die from this, but I wouldn’t mind it if they all contracted it and could find out personally how devastating it can be. Let them lay on their backs in a hospital bed and pray to their god for help. Silent prayers, of course, due to the ventilator tube running down their throats.

4 Likes

So true and stupid trump could be creating jobs with Green New Deal hands over fists and creating more jobs fixing are sorely needed infrastructure.

Obviously he does not want to see we the people thrive.

2 Likes

Thanks Mike for such a well thought out description of what has become the violent party of RINO’s. Made up of Libertarian Fascist Thinkers and the Far Right Fundamentalist movement.

4 Likes

" You have to change your evil ways". Great theme song for Trump!

3 Likes