Home | About | Donate

The GOP Monster Is Out of the Lab

The GOP Monster Is Out of the Lab

Charles P. Pierce

Folks haven’t been hipped to this yet, but the Texas Republican party is completely outside of its mind at the moment. Lieutenant Governor Dan Patrick is refusing to let Sandra Bullock film her Wendy Davis biopic in the actual chamber where Davis held the floor for 13 hours in 2013 to delay passage of a draconian piece of anti-choice legislation. From The Austin American-Statesman:

When are the people going to wake up ?
There’s not much different on the other side (of the same coin). Saw a story this morning on MSN, Biden claiming Dem’s are too far left, must move to the right.
Without a revolution we are done.

This is what happens when you have zero vetting of candidates for office, and the looniest most fanatical ignorant twits decide they want to “rule.” The GOP is like a pack of rabid hyenas right now, while the Democratic party a flock of mockingbirds–all noise and no action. Scary. It’s high time to reassess, as we are urged to do in the Declaration of Independence :" That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

like i’ve said before…fire them all and start over. perhaps with petitions in each state? think it would be enough to scare them?

Geez…just when I thought Texas Republicans were on the outer fringes of craziness, they keep pushing the boundaries farther out!

I think you’re confused – they blew past the boundaries a long time ago.

Biden has always been ever so moderate. Look at his Senate voting record. He was a conservative compared to Hillary’s voting record.

The democrats are in the minority everywhere in Washington. What “action” were you expecting? Did you wish to see them help shut down the government and perhaps for a very long time? Unless democrats have a super majority and a democratic President, they can not do a hell of a lot (there are DINOs, you know).