Home | About | Donate

'The Government Can't Airbrush History': National Archive Denounced for Blurring Out Anti-Trump Signs in Women's March Photos

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/01/18/government-cant-airbrush-history-national-archive-denounced-blurring-out-anti-trump

2 Likes

“We apologize,” the Archives said in a statement, “and will immediately start a thorough review of our exhibit policies and procedures so that this does not happen again.”

Unbelievable !! 2020 *******the public must keep watch over NATIONAL ARCHIVE !! which continue to rewrite history to its own point of view !!
Well George Orwell and many other have been warning us for a long time.

8 Likes

Seriously, if the National Archive is serious about the effects of public information, they may further need to investigate the moral and ethical values of Trump. Women have a right to call it as they see it and vote accordingly.

" Both men and women turned out at record rates in the 2018 midterm election – mirroring [historic turnout increases]turnout-extended-across-racial-and-ethnic-groups/) among other segments of the eligible voting population. Compared with 2014, voter turnout increased by double digits among both men (11 percentage points) and women (12 points).

“As in past midterms, women turned out at slightly higher rates than men continued-to-vote-at-higher-rates-than-men. As has been the case in the last five midterm elections dating back to 1998, women turned out to vote at slightly higher rates than men. Over half of women (55%) who were eligible to vote cast ballots in the 2018 midterms in November, as did 51.8% of men, according to a Pew Research Center analysis of newly released data from the U.S. Census Bureau.”

2 Likes

they will not do what is correct until forced to do so

5 Likes

They at least should acknowledge that photos are not original and were altered for effect.

6 Likes

Cosmic powered biology manifest as human knows central power propaganda from long experience. Cut back consumption. Use as little plastic as possible. Seriously cut back. Eat only healthy foods that lead to a trim, youthful belly. Masa corn, beans, lentils, peas, rice with chilis, greens, tomatoes, oranges, apples, grapefruit and pineapple salsa. Cut back! Cut back! Cut back to where you once belonged. Starvumout.

Fix the image and remove the censoring!
Authoritarianism in full display, invisible in plain sight.
Danger.
Danger.
Danger.
PS Fire the administrator who operates this way. Not fit to serve the national interest.

5 Likes

Plan of correction and supervision.

2 Likes

The altered photo is now also a part of our history. The National Archive should continue to display the altered photo but with an explanatory plaque and alongside the true photo.

11 Likes

Excellent suggestion, Rael.

1 Like

But we’ve always been at war with East Asia, and women have always had rights. Slavery is freedom. Gays are free. Blacks are free. Browns and reds and all coloreds are free. Just as free as the whiteys. So stop complaining. Neoliberal capitalism on steroids is the greatest system ever invented and that is that. Why just look at all the wealth that it has created! Rising tides lift all boats! Tax cuts create jobs! Deregulation is good for the environment! Persecuting whistleblowers is good for democracy!

6 Likes

I see the body snatchers have been to visit you…

{wink}

4 Likes

Maybe the Pope Emeritus Benedict is right, maybe this is all the fault of the hippies and sexual revolution in the 60s. I think it leaves out a lot of other historical facts though.

1 Like

Whoever is responsible for this Nazi falsification of history needs to be exposed and fired and all the emails and other material involved need to be subpoenaed by congress and released to the public. Who knows what else they’re shredding in there.

3 Likes

What scares me is the ease that some people - especially those serving in the public’s interest - who will infringe upon the rights of us all for what is obviously partisan bias. That is so troubling but then the encroachment of fascism is always preceded by the voluntary acts of those who think such repression of objectivity is a good thing.

We do this to ourselves. This is just one more example of Americans becoming increasingly afraid of their own freedoms.

3 Likes

Those who control the present control the past. Those who control the past, control the future.
I think I read that somewhere before.

3 Likes

Now we have one less factual source to use in countering the true believers, conspiracy nuts and now even the confidence man occupying the WH.
Nice work, NA. Did you mooks ever even HEAR of “1984”?

3 Likes

Just another entity going rogue. Add it to the list of things that bear scrutiny. The C.I.A., the F.B.I., the FDC, the CDC, the DNC, the GOP, the DOJ, the NRA, and a host of others.

2 Likes

(Sing it loud)

… NSA K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E.

That is the level of respect they have earned.

3 Likes

That was good for a Saturday evening chuckle.

1 Like