Home | About | Donate

The Heart Is Big and Should Be Free

The Heart Is Big and Should Be Free

With the World Cup heading to finals this weekend, six Latin American activists undertook a stealth protest against the Russian host's homophobic law banning symbols of "non-traditional" sexual relationships by touring Moscow's iconic sites in an "unexpected rainbow" of soccer shirts. The "Hidden Flag" project by a Spanish digital agency and LGBTQ group allowed them to "use our voices for those that cannot" in what they view as "a call to love."

Bravo to these lovely activist people! Repression and bigotry anywhere, much less in a “world host” must not be tolerated or “normalized”!

As one who once flew his freak flag high, I continue to be amazed at the creativity, compassion and courage of—certainly not all, but far more than just a random few—young people in each successive generation. A ripple in still water, indeed, and may it spread far and wide.

Author sez: “(S)ix Latin American activists undertook a stealth protest against the Russian host’s repressive laws banning the iconic rainbow flag and other LGBTQ ‘propaganda’ for ‘nontraditional’ relationships …”

Well-played, kids.

Pity there remain places on this small blue speck in which creativity is considered a “subversive” act.

No kidding, look what they do to women.

Cheers!!!

In Russia under Putin, Pussy Riot was jailed.

In the US under capitalist war mongers, John Lennon was murdered.

Oh yes, but the message lives on. Thanks so much.

I just watched George Harrison Living in the Material world. It was very moving.

I am no fan of the military/industrial complex, but it really is a bit of a stretch to try to link John Lennon’s killer with the warmongers in DC. The guy was just plain old ordinary crackers, luv.