Home | About | Donate

The Hill Can’t Stop Spreading Misinformation About Trump’s Impeachment

alcid,

Yep, but still we need to be careful not to accept articles on face value. I’ll usually get a few takes on a subject, even though much of the sourcing is limited, there is additional reporting.

There’s always a bias in reporting, that’s okay as long as that bias isn’t hidden or masked (conservative posing as liberal or visa versa).

Take Information Clearinghouse for example. I agree with the sentiment of your post, but thought I’d look a little deeper into your citation.

Now this web site might also be biased,but here ya go:

mediabiasfactcheck . com / information-clearing-house /
Information Clearing House
Mixed Factual Reporting - Not always Credible

Overall, we rate Information Clearing House a Left Biased, Conspiracy and Pseudoscience source. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting as a lot of content is factual in between the Conspiracy stories. (D. Van Zandt 9/07/2019)

informationclearinghouse . info / intent . htm
According to their about page they freely admit that some of the content on the website may not be true with this disclaimer:

This website does not suggest that it contains the “truth”. The truth is a combination of all information and all facts relating to a topic. It is therefore unachievable (in my opinion) for anyone to say “I know the truth.” If you came to this site in search of “the truth” you will be disappointed. That is also true of CNN, FOX , ABC etc. If you came to gather information you may find it a useful resource.

Analysis / Bias
In review, Information Clearing House does not publish original content but rather republishes and links to 3rd party news outlets. The focus of the content is related to anti-war advocacy, however many other topics are covered, some of which fall within the conspiracy or pseudoscience category. For example, they publish stories regarding the 9-11 conspiracy theory that the towers were brought down through a controlled demolition: Fire Did Not Cause 3rd Tower’s Collapse on 9/11, New Study Finds. This story comes from Architects & Engineers for 9/11 Truth, which we have previously rated as a conspiracy website. Other conspiracy topics promoted are False Flags, New World Order and anti-GMO propaganda.

In general, story selection tends to favor the left such as this story highlighting the dangers of climate change: Climate Change Will Shrink US Economy and Kill Thousands, Government Report Warns and this Did the Marquis de Sade Write This Health Care Bill? The Information Clearing House draws from a wide variety of sources, many of which are credible, however some are not.

Anyway… thanks for posting the AP, AFP, Reuters information. I’m sure that many people learned about how news gets collected and reported. Local newspapers are just as bad, one owner of many papers in an area saves money buy regurgitating stories across all papers. It’s almost not local anymore, more “some news from a town close enough to you” :wink: