Home | About | Donate

The Holy Family Detained By ICE

The Holy Family Detained By ICE

With icy horrors still unfolding for immigrants - the Reptile-In-Chief's new edict: Leave with or without your kids - an Indiana church has denounced the "humanitarian atrocities" underway by incarcerating Mary, Joseph and Jesus on their front lawn to launch an "Every Family Is Holy" campaign. "It is a cage, it's a concentration camp - let's call this what it is," says their godly, horrified pastor. "As an American and person of faith, we are called to much better than that."

I wonder if anyone ever considered there is a god in their country of origin as well and presumably still in his care.

Christians need to keep acting against Satan or their churches will be irredeemably sullied by twisted evil doing its thing.

The bible promotes slavery, incest, rape, genocide, hatred of women, hatred of anyone who does not follow Jesus, and so much more.

It is Christians locking children in cages, which is pretty much standard history for the Christian church. Really it’s mild considering what Christians have done. Further, Christians tell people to have children regardless of their resources and then tell people that god will provide.

It would be nice if religious people stuck to two things - Praying in private and charity work. Stay out of politics. You have no place in government.

Indiana?
WTF?
Did not know American Citizen there to have any humanity.
Well hopefully this is a good trend.

Please let this example cause some people to start asking questions and vote the pricks out of government.

Sorry, you can’t trend off one datum, you’ll probably get a divide by zero error or something.

Where did you develop such a rage against Christianity? Were you by any chance raised in a Roman Catholic family? You sound very much like some X-Catholics I have read and heard.

You miss the whole point of Christian faith in your diatribe against the Bible.

The bible promotes slavery, incest, rape, genocide, hatred of women, hatred of anyone who does not follow Jesus, and so much more.

Nowhere in the Bible does it promote slavery. If you are referring to the OT books, the slavery that was practiced there was indentured slavery, that is, if you owed a man a sum of money you couldn’t repay, you could indenture yourself to him to pay off the debt. Kidnapping, on the other hand (which is what chattel slavery is) was punishable by death. Sounds to me like chattel slavery was severely punished.

It is Christians locking children in cages, which is pretty much standard history for the Christian church. Really it’s mild considering what Christians have done. Further, Christians tell people to have children regardless of their resources and then tell people that god will provide.

Who taught you all this bigotry? Yes, there are some shameful events in the Christian Church, especially prevalent in the Western Christian churches, but there are also many deeds of charity. It was the Catholic Church that built hospitals and universities for higher learning. It was Christian missionaries who established orphanages, fed the hungry, clothed the naked, and cared for the poor.

It would be nice if religious people stuck to two things - Praying in private and charity work. Stay out of politics. You have no place in government.

Funny, that’s not what the Bible teaches at all. Romans 13: 1-5 states that the government and authorities of the government are established by God to protect the innocent and punish the wicked. Unfortunately, being human institutions, they have more often than not punished the innocent and enriched the wicked.

You don’t seem to realize that morality comes from God. The enforcement of morality a duty of government. Therefore, the two are intertwined whether you like it or not. What you really don’t like is the government telling you that there are certain things you can’t do, based on Christian ethical standards.

Religious bigotry is the new gay bashing since gays finally found acceptance. There are many religions and all have good and evil associated them. This include good and evil churches and good and evil people. These people know that but choose to blanket statement to defend their bashing of entire religions. they would be bashing blacks if they could get away with it - a bigot is a bigot. It’s hate. It’s appalling on this site. I saw fat bashing on another thread. Luckily there’s not a lot of bigots here or the rest of us would leave. BTW, I’m Buddhist.

Your religion has no place in American politics. Our Constitution guarantees that our politics will be separated from your religious fantasies. Take it to church, but not here.

But, while we on the topic, religion is a scourge on humanity and has done far more harm than good over the ages. Millions have died in its name.

You once attacked my knowledge of the Bible. I’m no scholar of it, but I’m a recovering Christian (raised in the repressive Southern Baptist church), so I’ve heard plenty of its nonsense. You’re free to believe whatever you want, but you have no right to impose your fantasies on the rest of us.

That’s just bullshit. I raised my children as Atheists and they have incredibly high moral standards. Morals are about what’s right and wrong. That comes from humanity, not religion.

Why the sudden need for christian orphanages?

Bingo! The Constitution prohibits this. Maybe you should find a theocracy somewhere and move there. Iran comes to mind. It’s that “based on Christian ethical standards” part that is not allowed. You need to come to grips with that.

Hum, what were the Magdalene laundries of Ireland? Not a charitable mission I would think. More like religious sanctioned slavery. And, that is mild when compared to other sanctioned practices.

Magdalene laundries, also known as Magdalene’s asylums, were institutions from the 18th to the late 20th centuries ostensibly to house “fallen women”, a term used to imply female sexual promiscuity or work in prostitution.

It was brutal and vicious and only took two centuries to figure out and apologize. Instead of the tasteless dismissal or justification as unwarranted criticism.

More orphans are being “created” by more forever wars. And who better to run those places for the orphans that those who have need to convert more to their way of thinking. Besides only christians have morals, Right???

OMG read history of catholic church and colonialism and learn how many indigenous peoples were enslaved in silver mines for example and wiped off the face of the earth. This topic enrages me.

I was hoping someone would mention the Magdalene laundries.

What the fuck? It’s the fault of gay people that the actual history of Christianity is filled with endless bloodshed, genocide and bashing of gays and women? From hundreds of years to just this week, Christians engage in violence whenever they do not get exactly what they want.

[quote=“Edward_A_Hara, post:10, topic:53103”]
Nowhere in the Bible does it promote slavery. If you are referring to the OT books, the slavery that was practiced there was indentured slavery, that is, if you owed a man a sum of money you couldn’t repay, you could indenture yourself to him to pay off the debt. Kidnapping, on the other hand (which is what chattel slavery is) was punishable by death. Sounds to me like chattel slavery was severely punished.
[/quote]

Whenever you press a Christian on what the Bible actually says, they bring out the attorneys to redefine the meaning.

Except for murder, slavery has got to be one of the most immoral things a person can do. Yet slavery is rampant throughout the Bible in both the Old and New Testaments. The Bible clearly approves of slavery in many passages, and it goes so far as to tell how to obtain slaves, how hard you can beat them, and when you can have sex with the female slaves.

Who taught you all this bigotry? Yes, there are some shameful events in the Christian Church, especially prevalent in the Western Christian churches, but there are also many deeds of charity. It was the Catholic Church that built hospitals and universities for higher learning. It was Christian missionaries who established orphanages, fed the hungry, clothed the naked, and cared for the poor.

Since when is it bigoted to simply present the actual history of Christianity? Basically Christians, and many other religions say this. Yes yes yes, we murder people, but we also have soup kitchens. Nobody is perfect.

And as for the government being run by Christians, you need to go to some other country with that bullshit.

Also, read your bible. Try Mathew 6;5

“And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites. For they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. Truly I tell you, they already have their reward. But when you pray, go into your inner room, shut your door, and pray to your Father, who is unseen. And your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.…”

And from there try this… www.evilbible.com