Home | About | Donate

The Incredible Shrinking Populist: Donald Trump’s Tiny Economic Vision

The Incredible Shrinking Populist: Donald Trump’s Tiny Economic Vision

Richard Eskow

On Monday, Donald Trump talked about the economy on television for an hour. That may have exceeded the graduate-level curriculum at Trump University. But the biggest lesson I learned is that Trump contradicts himself more, and becomes more typically Republican, with every passing day.

It’s rare to see Trump put much effort into anything, so it was almost likable to watch him work so hard to read his speech from a Teleprompter. All that concentration! It was like watching a child learn to draw.

Now that GM is importing Buicks made in China to US dealers' showrooms, thanks to the bipartisan taxpayer funded GM bailout, prospects for "American cars driving on American roads" diminishes with each passing day.

I fear Republican Donald Trump enough to vote for Democrat Hilary Clinton even though I do NOT like her.

Trump seems to be incompetent. Hilary seems competent--the question is -- is she on our side or on the side of only our too big to fail corporations? I just do not know the answer to that question.