Home | About | Donate

The Indictment of Assange Is a Blueprint for Making Journalists Into Felons

Hi lampnte7: I thought the lost tallest of military money were in IRAQ, not Iran…

Hi Stardust.

Two different issues:

1. $11 billion in cash, on pallets, was sent to Iraq for reconstruction. All of it went “missing”; and, there was never any effort to determine where it went; because, people like Susan Collins didn’t want the administration embarrassed. It likely was stolen by members of the U.S. military and State Department contractors.

2. The U.S. put Iran under sanctions when Iran took back its government, which had been usurped in a coup with the help of the U.S. This new government, of course, was branded by the U.S. as a terrorist entity; and, U.S. sanctions froze billions of Iran’s assets which were held in foreign banks. Interestingly, unlike Venezuela’s assets in foreign banks, which have been blatantly stolen by the U.S. and UK, Iran’s foreign assets, I believe, haven’t been appropriated. Of course the biggest financier of terrorism is the U.S., not Iran. – But, I digress… Here’s a link that discusses some of the money that was sent to Iran by the Obama administration.

Was Obama’s $1.7 billion cash deal with Iran prohibited by U.S. law? – Mar 1, 2018 - Glenn Kessler - WashingtonPost

You’re getting off topic. I gather that you don’t approve of Wikileaks/Assange leaking U.S. government communications, even when they prove the U.S. guilty of various crimes, including the murder of innocents and the destruction of entire countries?