Home | About | Donate

The Iran Deal is Dead, Long Live the Iran Deal

The Iran Deal is Dead, Long Live the Iran Deal

Esfandyar Batmanghelidj

With the news that John Bolton will be Trump’s new national security advisor, the death of the Iran Deal is all but assured. Bolton has vocally advocated for war with Iran, which he sees not as an option of last resort but as the only appropriate course of action.

Up is down, right is wrong, lies are truth and war is peace. This country is like an onion, with layers upon layers of ignorance and insanity built each upon the other. I find myself the central character in my own version of an Orwellian nightmare. Baring a few intelligent souls I find in the comment section of this publication and a few others, my social interactions with the vast majority of the world is one of complete astonishment, and horror. Even those of education, of solid middle class backgrounds…each seems to be playing his own little version of the matrix in their own minds. Now that Trump has assembled a rogues gallery to rival Hitlers Nazi Party, and the Congress drains the coffers in a wild orgy of greed, and the children are slaughtered in their classroom, and the climate is collapsing before our eyes…people get up and act like it is just another day. Someone seriously needs to put this country down before we take the entire world with us.

An accurate analysis Dan - the frustration is crippling. The lack of widespread opposition tragic, the game show carnival watched by millions. There is no wisdom in current governance, only madness and corruption, and there is no joy in Mudville.

A very reasoned article that provides the true picture of the hope that peaceful relations between Iran and the US are a goal worth pursuing. Putting this Bolton moron in any position is an attempt to lose the hope but hopefully the rest of the world will continue to enjoy peaceful relations with Iran.

Do I detect a “business as usual” slant here ???

Growth, as envisaged by these magical thinking economists - is killing us. When I hear talk of how to manage de-growth - I will celebrate!

On my radiation and nuclear binder is a color picture of Diego Garcia in the Indian Ocean, just a few meters above sea level.

If war really does break out in the Middle East - think Syria & Iran, you will be hearing more about this little paradise lost - if, of course, there is still anyone around with operational communications.

Common Dreams - how about getting our top scientists to write articles here ?

Russia will sit on the sidelines, making money hand over fist as the price of fossil fuel skyrockets.

Or, just to kinda meddle a bit, they’ll keep shipping arms to Iran.

And if I have to choose a side between Saudi Arabia/Israel and the Shia Crescent, I choose the latter.

“Someone seriously needs to put this country down before we take the entire world with us.”
Despite our 180 bases strutting around the globe, it would be great if a coalition of world powers would build a boycott of the us-a.

“Do I detect a “business as usual” slant here ???
Growth, as envisaged by these magical thinking economists - is killing us. When I hear talk of how to manage de-growth - I will celebrate!”
Yes all those in favor of sustainable life and sustainable economy could mobilize and be those world powers to boycott.

Yikes I know I sound nuts but the planet seriously needs less GDPers and more PEOPLE FOR SUSTAINABLITY