Home | About | Donate

The Ironworker Running to Unseat Paul Ryan Wants Single-Payer Health Care, $15 Minimum Wage

The Ironworker Running to Unseat Paul Ryan Wants Single-Payer Health Care, $15 Minimum Wage

John Light

A campaign ad went viral last week — something that, despite political consultants’ best efforts, doesn’t often happen. It begins with an elderly woman sitting in her living room in Wisconsin. As her middle-aged son listens, she describes her concern that she someday may not be able to pay for the drugs she needs to treat her multiple sclerosis.

Please, please please remove ryan and as long as I’m dreaming mc connell too

Randy Bryce seems like a decent enough guy. I’m sure there will be things I disagree with him on (including the line “Even though we’re on opposite sides of the political spectrum, it’s because of our service that we can stand on opposite sides and shake hands right here.” - in the case of Vietnam war which he references, service just resulted in millions of dead Vietnamese and not a damn bit of difference to US freedom to discuss politics), but I’m also sure that anybody who can displace Paul Ryan will be a net positive for the US - the worst corporate democrat would be a net positive and he is way better being for 15 and Single Payer.

There are others who are also planning on running (e.g. http://www.gazettextra.com/20170530/ohio_man_moves_to_kenosha_to_challenge_rep_paul_ryan) and not being in the district, I don’t have a say on who it will be to have the best chance to unseat the fraud who is currently there. Good luck to whoever it is.

Bryce needs to state clearly:

“The scare tactics that Paul Ryan–and frankly some in my own party–use to paint a false narrative about Medicare for All and a living wage are designed to protect corporate owners at the expense of everyday working Americans like you and me. We can fight to have what other countries have, we can fight for ambitious goals, we don’t have to be afraid of standing up for ourselves–and as I live and breath, I’m going to stand up for us here in Wisconsin, and with your help, in Washington.”

Another question for Mr Bryce:

Will you still want Single Payer if insurance companies give you a few million along with a good excuse to use if you change your mind?

Direct Democracy

This nation needs a Congress and White House full of Randy Bryces.

There are lots of way to support his campaign, I’m sure lots of people would be willing to help. He has sparked interest nation wide.

This is the sort of office holder we want!

Paul Ryan has got to go!

From here in politially benighted SC [ye gods&little fishies, the pig w/lipstick that
most infuriates this FDR

This particular FDR Progressive gags every time she even THINKS about
LindseyGraham–talk about lipstick on a pig–I’ve already donated ;& offered
to volunteer for Randy. Now, please: which determined Kentuckian will
run against MalevolentMisanthropicMurderousMcConnell?