Home | About | Donate

The Left Underestimates the Danger of Trump

The Left Underestimates the Danger of Trump

Arun Gupta

I know we just had the fifth anniversary of Occupy Wall Street, but there is little to celebrate at such a grim moment. That being the likelihood Trump may very well win.

If he does, Black Lives Matter will be declared a domestic terrorist outfit, just like the Earth Liberation Front was under Bush.

I believe this article is what is called 'scaremongering.' Pot and kettle.

I think what this article states is possible. The only thing that could stop Trump is that government employees do not faithfully carry out his orders. It is not that easy for a president to get employees to respond. A president has to know what levers to pull. And if the orders are clearly unconstitutional it would be even harder. But I would count on the government employees. The best chance of preventing this nightmare scenario from happening is to do whatever you can to elect Hillary Clinton. She is endorsed by Bernie Clinton and Elizabeth Warren, true progressives. The Green Party is one big mistake that nobody has yet pulled the plug on. It has no effect on federal level except to help elect Republicans. Yet people keep clinging to this delusion that somehow the Green Party will emerge as a major progressive force. It is a spoiler party, nothing more and nothing less. And this time around it could give us a fascist president.

"The Alt Right will aggressively disrupt the left" ?

Corporations, the media they own, the politicians they own, and the shills/trolls they fund have already "aggressively disrupted the left" for decades.

Ever since the 1985 formation of the Democratic Leadership Council (DLC) the Democratic Party has no effect at the federal level except to elect Republicans and implement Republican programs better than Republicans could.

The percentage of US voters identifying as Democrats has been in decline since 1960 with the steepest declines occurring at the end of Bill Clinton's and Obama's first terms. The percentage of US voters identifying as Greens has been increasing ever since Bill Clinton was elected in 1992.

Which Party is on the right side of history ?

Don't vote for 'their' boogeyman...vote for 'OUR' boogeyman.

Look, if you vote for Hillary Clinton, you are very likely voting for war. If/when she starts something with nuclear-armed Russia or China, you will have to live with your conscience that you helped enable this KNOWING that it was a likelihood. How can you vote for that (not to mention fracking, corruption, etc.).

There is only one option I see, and that's voting for the only real alternative, Jill Stein.

Trump would be a disaster, Clinton would be a disaster, who would bring on disaster faster? The Stein-Baraka ticket just makes sense and they would avoid disaster.

It's possible that you could flap your arms and fly, but it's not realistic.
And neither is the election of Trump.

"he will have control over every branch of government" - umm, that's not how it works. Oh CD - if you don't publish something to balance this, your bias is showing! Let me help you:

We're in for 8 more years of war & the oppression of workers & poor people regardless of which candidate wins.

You vote for Hillary, you become her accomplice in everything she does. Everyone she bombs or drones, you helped her. To mitigate the feelings of guilt, you will either ignore the destruction she causes, or you will justify it.

Just like with Obama. His job was to teach Liberals to like war.

Hillary's job is make us forget that peace was ever an option.

Also:

http://theweek.com/articles/649669/limits-trump-presidency

A Green Party Vote is a Wasted Vote

I voted for Ralph Nader in 1996 & 2000. After 20 years of running candidates for US President/Vice-President the Green Party has been an abysmal failure. Don’t waste your vote like I did.

1996 - Ralph Nader/Winona LaDuke 0.71%
2000 - Ralph Nader/Winona LaDuke 2.74%
2004 - David Cobb/Pat LaMarche 0.10%
2008 - Cynthia McKinney/Rosa Clemente 0.12%
2012 - Jill Stein/Cheri Honkala 0.36%
2016 - Jill Stein/Ajamu Baraka ?

[source]

Voting for either H or D is a wasted vote. Don't know how it can be any clearer than that.

Here is our choice: Trump the lunatic or Hillary the corrupt, liar.
Pardon me, but I'll vote for Jill Stein and, as you put it, waste my vote to assure that Hillary can not claim a mandate.

So who would you have voted for in 2008 and 2012? Obomber? He got in anyway, so no sure how was it a wasted vote? Anyway, imo, Clinton may well use nukes and possibly even start a war with Russia or China

Silicone is widely used in Silicon Valley.
Which, by the way, is the place that "welfare Capitalism," was born in 1939-40.
1939-1940, what fortuitous timing.

The shadowproof-dot-com link is a pro-Clinton Jill Stein hit piece, hardly providing 'balance' with Gupta's arrogant and erroneous characterization of the Left, for which, by the way, he gathered evidence from ... F-book! I 'am' a cool hippie grandma and do believe that an ordinary American off the street with normal principles and common sense could govern better than anyone we've seen in D.C. for a very long time.

Bernie Clinton is right LRX. Good one.

Bullets can't stop him! Rockets can't stop him! We'll have to use nuclear force! Vote for Hillary or else.

With more than a month to go before the election fear buttons are going to start burining out. Better have a big supply of spare fear buttons

I will shout this until I'm blue in the face. IT IS STATISTICALLY IMPOSSIBLE FOR TRUMP TO WIN. PERIOD! Quit the fear-mongering for Hillary. She will be the next POTUS, as much as I loath saying that. The realistic course now is for every progressive who has the opportunity, to vote for the Stein/Baraka Green Party ticket, get them to 5% of the national vote, and get them federal matching funds and regular ballot access for future elections so they can become the new party of the left.