Home | About | Donate

The Little-Known Farmworkers Who Sparked the Biggest Labor Movement in U.S. History

The Little-Known Farmworkers Who Sparked the Biggest Labor Movement in U.S. History

Alexa Strabuk

On a dusty Thursday evening, a couple hundred yards across the railroad tracks from old town Delano, California, Roger Gadiano ambles out of his one-story house to conduct his usual tour.

The gray-haired Filipino man grew up in Delano and can tell you not only his own story but also the story of a small, seemingly prosaic agricultural town. He hops into his aging pickup and points out passing landmarks that any outsider might consider bleak and forgotten: a rundown grocery store, a vacant lot, the second story of an old motel.

Very good article and writing. Much appreciated!

I used to be an active supporter of the Farm Workers, and in theory I still could be. The problem now is the connection to Huerta, since she came out in support of Clinton. I cannot and will not get behind a group that is "for" Clinton. So the workers themselves, need to come out, somehow, some way and make it clear whom "they" support. It would be important right about now. Sanders is the only ethical, logical choice, from my view of this campaign cycle.