Home | About | Donate

The March for Our Lives in Pictures: Demonstrators Mourn Those Lost to Gun Violence and Condemn Complicit Politicians

The March for Our Lives in Pictures: Demonstrators Mourn Those Lost to Gun Violence and Condemn Complicit Politicians

Julia Conley, staff writer

Taking the stage on the National Mall in Washington, D.C. on Saturday, high school student David Hogg offered hundreds of thousands of audience members a visual representation of his reasons for helping to organize the March for Our Lives, a worldwide gun control advocacy demonstration.

"I'm going to start off by putting this price tag right here as a reminder for you guys to know how much Marco Rubio took for every student's life in Florida," Hogg said, placing a price tag reading "$1.05" on the podium.

For the next generation fighters for justice:

I am impressed with the turnout and the enthusiasm. I bet each and every organizer of that march has their phone tapped and their internet correspondence closely monitored. They will take this as a direct challenge to their power and will seek to ignore and evade doing anything other then offer a token gesture. They do not want people thinking they can accomplish change through organized resistance.

Marx as a true genius. His writings have been vilified and suppressed because they are so powerful. They challenge the very foundations of power and those in power know it. It would be one of my fondest wishes to be able to teach all the young people about Marx and his ideas. Nothing else I can think of would help manifest the change this society so badly needs.

To borrow from Stephen Stills, all I can say is, something’s happening here

Too bad the people who take to the streets to condemn gun violence only seem to care about American lives. They should be in the streets to protest the “gun violence” that our fetid empire unleashes on innocents around the globe every day. Such hypocrisy. This is the reason nothing will change here in the U.S. Our culture is completely self-absorbed.

A video PSA for your conservative gun toting reality deniers (who say “So define ‘assault rifle’ for me.”)

Guns are part of our culture and so are wars and empire building in other countries for resources etc. How many innocent people have died because of all of these wars. Every state has companies that profit from war and war making. This is the bigger picture that main stream media will not touch and neither will this movement.

Poliiticans also receive lots of money from these businesses too. Not so easy to find all the links that I use to know since search engines are shutting down info now.

The turn out was amazing for these marches and I hope it continues . I was just pointing this out which has been said by other people before me. There are so many dots to connect these days–When I grew up it was just the Vietnam war. Young people had draft cards . Now most people do not even know we are at war since it is all santized. News does not show war coverage like they did then w Walter Cronkite was the main anchor.

Check my link out below

This is really upside down. To address gun violence in this country is not hypocrisy, it’s just the opposite; one should clean one’s own house before looking elsewhere.

These students and supporters are receiving tons of grief while fighting the apathy, lies, and hatred from those terrified of losing their guns. Mixing the MIC into the equation would make far more people turn against them and their cause. The adults should grow a pair and demand ALL politicians answer for refusing to hold the MIC and the NRA accountable. Incumbents worry far more about bribes for their next campaign than they do about any issue that us mere peons demand answers to.

Only when they start fearing their constituents more than they fear losing bribes from the NRA and MIC will we start seeing accountability. Those politicians who have voted against the citizens without a good reason need to be voted out of office regardless of their party. Voters need to make it clear that those who support the NRA and/or MIC over the citizens will be voted out of office.

Well said Roadhead.

Is this the new cultural revolution?

/

Thank you for posting this.

“Too bad the people who take to the streets to condemn gun violence only seem to care about American lives.”

Yea, those Black Lives Matter speakers today bellyaching on and on about their ‘beloved’ brother, their teenage ‘baby boy’ - how “self-absorbed” can you get?

You should really call one of them up and set them straight.

“This is the bigger picture that main stream media will not touch and neither will this movement.”

Why can’t those black people talking about the gun violence deaths of their children see the “bigger picture,” Steven? Are they dupes of imperialism, or just stupid? Or maybe they’re counter-revolutionary, in which case maybe they deserve to be getting shot - even in advance of your proletariat taking over.

Wow you make no sense-- All lives matter. that is the real problem. You sound like a war hawk. Most people who create these wars are all chickenhawks. President Trump had 5 draft deferments. President Bush jr found a way out thru the national guard , Dick Cheney was another chickenhawk-- they all profit from war but send off other people to do their dirty work.

“All lives matter. that is the real problem…Most people who create these wars are all chickenhawks.”

You know, Steven, I think you should call up the mother from Harlem that talked here in NYC today, because she evidently missed your “bigger picture” and only talked about the death of her son by gun violence in her community.

Maybe you can explain the “big picture” to her and she’ll build it into her next talk - maybe even with a personal shout out to you for opening her eyes.