Home | About | Donate

The Mask Is Off: Trump Is Seeking War with Iran

The Mask Is Off: Trump Is Seeking War with Iran

Trita Parsi

Something extraordinary has happened in Washington. President Donald Trump has made it clear, in no uncertain terms and with no effort to disguise his duplicity, that he will claim that Tehran is cheating on the nuclear deal by October—the facts be damned. In short, the fix is in. Trump will refuse to accept that Iran is in compliance and thereby set the stage for a military confrontation. His advisors have even been kind enough to explain how they will go about this. Rarely has a sinister plan to destroy an arms control agreement and pave the way for war been so openly telegraphed.

“The Mask Is Off: Trump Is Seeking War with Iran”…and Venezuela and North Korea and Russia and China and…

The Empire is hungry.

Good article, well expressed. But I think the end of the article gives too much credit to the American public, both as to the degree of its anti-war sentiments, and also as to the degree of influence it can have on American foreign policy.

This premeditated war would only be possible under a deranged pathological narcissist know-nothing like trump, who presides over a military that has been purged of leaders that really know what war is. An example is General “Fox” Fallon who referred to General Petraeus as an “ass-kissing little chickenshit” - the face of the new military sycophant. Fallon also said to his credit, an attack on Iran “will not happen on my watch.” Fallon’s kind have been cashiered and driven out of the military in favor of ass-kissing sycophants that do not appreciate the horrors of war…especially drone video-game war…or the consequences.]

Israeli-Zionist extremist expansionism and the ear of the idiot-in-chief, is behind this! Their ability to get the US to do the dirty work is a subversion of our sovereignty…as well as Congress!

““War is a racket. It always has been” - Major-General Smedley Butler

Of all the enemies of true liberty, war is, perhaps, the most to be dreaded” - James Madison

Men acquainted with the battlefield will not be found among the numbers that glibly talk of another war” - I have come to the realization that next to the loss of freedom, war is the ultimate, which can befall a nation" President/General Dwight Eisenhower

The statesman who yields to war fever is no longer the master of policy, but the slave of unforeseeable and uncontrollable events” – Winston Churchill

The only thing could trip up a Trump re-election in 2020 is to get mired in another costly war.

Especially when the theocratic Zionist-Wahabist alliance is exposed as the shot callers.

Trump is Netanyahoo’s new poodle.

Iran, just as Iraq, has too much low EROI oil for Trump and his minions to ignore.

Iran goes to the back burner once the North Koreans shot off another missile. Iran is an irritating stone in the shoe but North Korea is now a boulder blocking the road which can’t be ignored. Trump is the worst person to be in charge at this time.

The press for the most part did a bad job with the run-up to the Iraq war but I don’t expect the press to blow this one if there is anything to this. Trump has call the press the enemy of the people. He is going to need the press make his case and it will not be there. And what about the military. Most of the soldiers who went to Iraq did so thinking it was payback for 9/ll even though of course there was no connection at all. How many will be up for fighting Iran. It is going to be hard for the military to generate any morale based on the claim that Iran my have violated some technicality of the nuclear. Who wants to fight for that? In general the US public is fed up war and still waiting for the fighting in the Middle East to end. Who is going to get behind anther war in the Middle East, especially against a country with an ally like Russia? There will be hundreds o thousands of protesters in the streets with most of the country behind the protesters. And what countries would join the US in this folly? I think the chances of Trump starting a war with Iran are very slight. Maybe a phony attack by Iran on a US ship might be something that could make it happen. I worked to get us in into the Vietnam War. Something like that will have to be fabricated by the Trump gang to get support. Hopefully, this time around the country will be more skeptical of such a fake event if it is attempted.

The Empire will be the Death of us all unless We the People send the Duopoly packing.

It will require educating America to their deceptive lying and playing to our fears in order to divide us.

I know we disagree on this Natureboy. I’ll be the first to admit if I am wrong.

Stay tuned.

If little Donny tries to initiate a military conflict with Iran then I sincerely hope that the troops will see that as the war crime that it would be and refuse to comply. They could give Donnie their guns and tell him that he can go do the fighting and take his dumb-ass kids and Kushner and Bannon with him. What an ass hole.

Sad but true…

I warned the Commondreams “Never Hillary- Trump won’t be so bad” poeple about this too…

I was thinking it would be Iran or North Korea. I didn’t think he’d try for both.

Some of them were the same folks that said he’d be better on healthcare–he talked about single payer, after all–and trade and banking and fill-in-the-blank stupefying progressive projection folks wanted to believe in. As much as some progressives scream about the MSM, they amplified every crap, Chaffetz House Government Reform subcommittee sourced, Eric Lichtbau New York Times story they could. A candidate who we had 30 years of tax returns on, who released her charity’s financial information, was partisanly investigated for nearly eight years while in the White House, and actively and partsanly investigated by two committee’s in the House, was treated worse than a guy who factually: bankrupted his businesses; preyed on and wrecked retirees livelihoods; ripped off contractors; actually paid fines for in-real-life using his charity as a piggie bank; forced employees, business partners, and people associated with him to constantly sign NDAs under legal threat; actively used the tax code and financial trickery to benefit himself while wrecking investors; and, of course, trafficked in conspiratorial racist, white nationalist garbage for attention. His open fascination with autocrats, including progressive’s favorite, Putin, I won’t even mention. There were so many signs of who this guy was, it’s hard for me to take people like, say, Norm Solomon, seriously anymore.

Man of peace though, right?

I don’t disagree. It is a duopoly since neoliberals took over the Democratic Party. I want to fix that.

There is no proof that Hillary wouldn’t have done the same.

But is there some “proof” she would have?

Her warmongering career for one.

sbrownn:

EROI?