Home | About | Donate

The Media are Misleading the Public on Syria

The Media are Misleading the Public on Syria

Stephen Kinzer

Coverage of the Syrian war will be remembered as one of the most shameful episodes in the history of the American press. Reporting about carnage in the ancient city of Aleppo is the latest reason why.

Here's some really funny stuff. The second half is the best. You can't make this up.
https://www.rt.com/shows/crosstalk/333219-turkey-global-pariah-russia/

Send in the Clowns
Don't bother, they're here.
Po

Hey Jimmy,
Not to put too fine a point on it but I can't resist. John "Who wants to be the last man to die for a mistake (Viet Nam)" Kerry now is telling the mean ole Russian Bear (growl) "Don't Bomb Our Qaeda!"
I wonder who wants to be the last Syrian or Kurd or Shia Iraqi to die for Kerry's Qaeda?
I don't care what anyone thinks of Putin (told to think, that is), at least he is sane enough to fight a War On Terror.
P.S.
Kerry's Qaeda-kinda has a ring to it.

The support from the Syrian Public for the Assaad regime has actually climbed over the past few years, They do not see foreign jihadist mercenaries as bringing them "freedom" an any way shape or form.

Unlike in Iraq where the US troops came under attack from local Iraqis , the only attacks the Russians face are from those same foreign mercenaries.

"This is convoluted nonsense, but Americans cannot be blamed for believing it. We have almost no real information about the combatants, their goals, or their tactics. Much blame for this lies with our media."

Since short of becoming a guerilla reporter on-site, individuals can only rely on 2nd hand information, when that info. is purposely tainted, slanted, based on lies... the ONLY result is a bamboozled population pool.

Many in this forum blame those who HAVE BEEN deceived rather than those DOING the DECEIVING.

I have always exposed this flaw, and will continue to do so.

Good attorneys know how to use circumstantial evidence to make cases based on PATTERN.

The pattern of malfeasance goes back way further than this:

"Politicians may be forgiven for distorting their past actions. Governments may also be excused for promoting whatever narrative they believe best suits them. Journalism, however, is supposed to remain apart from the power elite and its inbred mendacity. In this crisis it has failed miserably."

How about the lies around the assassination of JFK?

How about the lies around 911?

And how about "the case being fixed for war" against Iraq... It broke open the gates of hell and unleashed terrible violence that's inflamed 6 nations within the Middle East and fomented the ensuing refugee crisis that now bleeds into an already financially-depressed Europe?

Props are due the Boston Globe for daring to publish Kinzer's piece.

Politicians may be forgiven for distorting their past actions. Governments may also be excused for promoting whatever narrative they believe best suits them.

Given the overall apparent trajectory of this article as it may inform us of some principled stand for truth telling by this author, that quote is a stunning display of cognitive dissonance, at best.

Dear author. Take some time off, away from your own degree of immersion in establishment media, and adjust your bearings.

The public has been misinformed, outright lied to by the MSM on just about every subject one can conjure.
Lest those of us who actually care about the 'nuz' forget, the so-called Project for a New American Century architects' sticky with oil fingers are all over the continuing destabilization of the middle east.

I don't agree that Americans cannot be blamed for being ignorant. They most certainly can be blamed! I understood many years ago that the MSM was complicit in American ignorance so I stopped getting my news from them. The Net has opened up untold sources for news from all over the World. All a person has to do is use their computer. How terribly difficult is that?