Home | About | Donate

The Media's Shameful Handling of Bolton's Iran Threat Claims Recalls the Run-up to the Iraq War

The Media's Shameful Handling of Bolton's Iran Threat Claims Recalls the Run-up to the Iraq War

Ben Armbruster

Media-savvy U.S. government officials, political operatives, and lawmakers and their staffs from all political parties and ideological persuasions have no doubt, throughout the history of our great country, duped a fair-minded but unwitting reporter into writing a juicy story in order to get a piece of information into the public bloodstream without their fingerprints on it.

3 Likes

Gray hair or not, Bolton remains a childish little boy whose bravado is confined to placing thumbtacks on chairs of little girls (no sexism intended) and giddily anticipating the response. I would have loved to see what Twain would have done to this man-boy. In my dreams.

7 Likes

The malignant troika of deception, destruction, death: Trump, Pompous, Boltbutt and their peripheral hangers on are spinoffs of American craziness and will shortly be put away in an Asylum Museum- like Hitler and Stalin in Europe’s past insanity.

2 Likes

A little off topic, but not really. Matt Taibbi and Chris Hedges on the deep rot of American journalism (sic).

https://www.rt.com/shows/on-contact/458410-matt-taibbi-american-journalism/

https://www.rt.com/shows/on-contact/459096-matt-taibbi-journalism-discussion/

Peace
Po

2 Likes

Press tv (Iran) and a few other outlets reporting that there’s been a possible attack of several oil tankers carrying Iranian oil in a UAE port.

All burned to a crisp. No other confirmation yet, but something to keep a close eye on. The shooting war just may have already started.

But still too early to tell.

3 Likes

"Murderers Are Us," more commonly known as the Pentagon, are about to unfurl their wicked wings once more.

Why, we as a people permit this to continue I cannot understand.

We have ceased to evolve any longer.

4 Likes

Thank you - those are excellent links.

Was this a “false flag” that did not go off as planned?

It hard to blame on Iran when witnesses report French and US Warplanes overhead. The US has been pulling these deceptions since they overthrew the Democarticaly elected Government of Iran. They used these methods throughout “Operation Gladio” where attacks perfomed by the Right Wing were blamed on “Communists” . They did it in Chile, In Vietnam, In Haiti. Virtually every war the USA has involved itself in since WW2 has been based on lies and deception and the media has ALWAYS went along.

The Media was taken over by the CIA and deep state over half a Century ago under the auspices of project Mockingbird. The Commission struck to investigate the same was merely cover to give the appearance something was being done about it and the Government would not accept such shenanigans.

The Media IS the state.

4 Likes

This is all I found from Reuters and it’s three-hours old, but no reported casualties or spills from the four vessels. I wonder how one of those USS Carriers would look lit up?

Clearly the US has not learned the history of Rome’s collapse.

I found these:

3 Likes

A direct quote from a Right wing member of Gladio who confessed to staging terrorist attacks in Westerb Europe with the state then blaming Communists and demanding more powers.

Vincente Vinciguerra, the perpetrator of the 1972 Peteano terrorist attack, who later confessed and was found guilty of terrorist attacks in Europe, explained it like this:

“You had to attack civilians, the people, women, children, innocent people, unknown people far removed from any political game.”

The reason was quite simple. They were supposed to force these people, the Italian public, to turn to the state to ask for greater security. This is the political logic that lies behind all the massacres and the bombings which remain unpunished, because the state cannot convict itself or declare itself responsible for what happened.

So, basically, what we have here is a terrorist saying: “I was protected by the State, because the State wanted acts of terrorism so that it could argue for more power, surveillance technology and money.” Many things are granted after a terrorist attack that would otherwise be rejected. Suppose you asked people to stay at home after 8 o’clock on a sunny summer’s day when there’s no sign of a terrorist threat, people would understandably protest; they would prefer to enjoy the pleasant evening outdoors. But suppose there’s a terrorist attack, and then the pubic is ordered to stay home after 8 o’clock: everybody complies. This is the shift of power. What people don’t understand is that terrorism can be used as a tool to steer people in certain directions.

3 Likes

9/11 is proof of your statement and the sad part is progressive sites like Common Dreams and Democracy Now! Remain gatekeepers for 9/11 even though there is plethora of cogent articles by very intelligent people, that have credible alternative theories, like Steven Jones, who have been called radicals with radical conspiracy theories.

1 Like

Of course the idea of a real Iranian threat to the US is ludicrous, but the warmongers have long ago learned how to generate fake news to start a war. Think of the Spanish-American war and Remember the Maine, or the Gulf of Tonkin, the Cubans (!) in Grenada. I’ve heard that even the Boston “massacre” that helped start the Revolution was largely fabricated.

Nothing on trade??? The big LIE! Trump wants these tariff’s to stay in place and he will find an excuse to keep them in place and raise them on the rest of Chinese goods. How pathetic the US consumer is—people in the US have benefited from all these cheap prices -----its a choice the US consumer made.

Lets be clear when you put sanctions on a country (most of all when you have the power of the world currency) it is an act of war. Iran has every right to interact with its neighbors and protect its sovereignty . What is really sad is that most Americans don’t care what US policy is doing to common people around the world.

1 Like

From your words to the Goddess’ ears - may it be so!

The caption for the picture in the article should be, “The trio of Evil”, or maybe,“The Axis of…”

1 Like