Home | About | Donate

The Mosque That Disappeared

The Mosque That Disappeared

Robert C. Koehler

This isn't war. This was murder.

And Trump wants to give the Military another $50 Billion to spend on Bullets and Bombs. Obama really was no different.

America is the Bully of the world, fighting to maintain 700+ Military bases that are sucking the American people dry, sucking our Mother Earth dry of carbon which is also slowly murdering all of us with world pollution.

Yet every election the American people vote to maintain the same two parties that got us here, to this point in time.

Proud anyone?

Honest, eloquent reporting from Koehler, however depressing. The work of a real journalist.

"We committed a quiet little war crime the other day. "__R K

some may object to koehler's including all of us--even peace activists like robert himself, but if each one of the "WE" as in collective society, fail to ask, "what's my role in this?' we shall remain incapable of making a much needed difference. sure! in a way we the people in order to survive must make decisions that may be counter to what we believe to be in the best interests of ourselves, our future generations and our earth. however, each of us can reduce our carbon footprint whenever setting the thermostat. take walks instead long drives in the country and consolidate must do errands. we can be wise in our purchases, stop buying on credit, deposit our money in a credit union or locally owned bank and use cash for what we must buy. the 1% want all money in the cloud--under their control. fight them every way we can think up.

but more important than all the fiat dollars and all electronic dollars are the lives lost to forces of the american empire! we cannot with a clear conscience ignore the murder done in the name of american exceptionalism! these wars, understand, are not fought to "keep america safe!" they serve to keep munitions factories humming and other such inglorious motives. members of both political parties utterly fail to serve the common interests. you and i are all we have!

Well said, Clovis! Of late, my four favorite journalists and truth-tellers are Chris Hedges, Robert Koehler, Amy Goodman and Henry Giroux.

What if another Nation decided to Declare War on, say, Organized Crime, and started bombing Howard Beach?

hummingbird, your comment rings true and wise! i know in my heart and soul that our violence will come back to haunt us, in many forms. it didn't have to be this way. it was a choice.

Just an addendum to your informative post :

A quick google check found that one, full to capacity, Boeing 737 (most common airliner), Roundtrip NY to Phoenix, uses 6,900 gals of Fuel, emitting 145,000lbs of Carbon.

Thank you, Clovis. They are my favorites, too. On the subject, though, as anyone noticed the worldwide firestorm and saber rattling over the four victims of the London bombing? I hurt immensely over their deaths and the suffering of the injured but the 40 dead in the mosque bombing (and in so many other war crimes) deserve the same sympathy --and uproar!

War crimes like this and worse is how ISIS got started in Iraq. While Saddam was around there was no ISIS in Iraq. We go around the world bombing while China goes around building. Then we wonder why China is getting ahead of us.

John, Ralph Nader deserves a spot in this list. He speaks truth to power.

I should have included the inestimable Ralph Nader and Noam Chomsky, who have each spoken truth to power for 65+ years and counting!

Yes! It's so obvious, isn't it. We destroyed the two most stable nations in the Middle East, namely Iraq and Libya, who may have been lead by dictators, but were very secular governments. Now the Middle East is the most messed-up that it's been in living memory!

Thanks for the reminder. You are absolutely correct!

I agree that it is a war crime that the US committed.

It is just unfortunate that when Russia commits similar acts in Syria they are defended here.

Robert Parry from http://www.consortiumnews.com is one of the best journalists around. Glenn Greenwald and Lee Fong from http://www.theintercept.com, Vanessa Beeley and Eva Bartlett from http://21stcenturywire.com/, and Abby Martin of http://theempirefiles.tv/ are excellent.

BTW, Democray Now's completely one sided and propagandistic coverage of the Libyan and Syrian conflicts should exclude Amy Goodman from this company.

What do you expect from a so called civilised Yanks? America is the most uncivilised country in the world. They tortured and slaughtered native Indians like animals. Black community is still the under dogs of the American society. Now it seems the Amerindians were not "primitive" at all. They were reduced to chaos, war, disease, and alcohol addiction BY the process of settlement and colonisation and the mental despair it creates from one generation of natives to the next.

Cultural genocide is still being waged on surviving Indians, reports Truth out. From the start of the 20thcentury, children were forced into so-called 'Indian boarding schools', designedto'killthe Indian 'in them according to the system's founding father Richard Pratt.

Indians are obliged to change their name to a western one like Tom, made to dress and style their hair like whites. Indigenous Americans are also forced to adopt Christianity and all other parts of western culture.

One out of three Indian womenwillbe raped during their lifetime, in 86 per cent of those cases the victims report that it’s a non-Indian that perpetuated the sexual assault or the rape. This has been traced directly to the inability of tribes to prosecute these crimes. If you look at the history of the more' civilised nations' treatment, so-called more' civilised treatment' of indigenous people, it really makes you wonder who are the savages and who are the more civilised.

One very famous study done found that every single treaty that the United States negotiated with tribes had in fact been breached at one time or another or had been violated.

The Supreme Court said they had no property rights and therefore no rights to just compensation, and there was some horrible language in the opinion about how the court recognizes that everyone knows that the savage tribes of America were conquered and the treaties are meaningless anyway.

So this perpetuation of these stereotypes in this case, which is still valid law in the United States, it’s still a valid precedent.

One very famous study done found that every single treaty that the United States negotiated with tribes had in fact been breached at one time or another or had been violated.

The Supreme Court said they had no property rights and therefore no rights to just compensation, and there was some horrible language in the opinion about how the court recognizes that everyone knows that the savage tribes of America were conquered and the treaties are meaningless anyway.

So this perpetuation of these stereotypes in this case, which is still valid law in the United States, it’s still a valid precedent.

Native Indians now have the highest rate of suicide and pandemics of cancer in the Western Hemisphere At 44, life expectancy is lower than Afghanistan, and around the same as Europe at the time of the Pilgrims

For an official banquet to celebrate 350 years since Pilgrims landed, authorities invited native Indian Frank James to speak. But when they saw his speech, taken from a settler's own account of what The Pilgrims had hardly explored the shores four days before they robbed the graves of my ancestors, and stole their corn, wheat, and beans. The Indians knew this fact, yet welcomed and befriended the settlers, little knowing that they would be killed by the settlers' guns. What has happened cannot be changed, but today we work toward a better America, a more Indian America where people and nature are once again important. really happened, they wouldn't let him read it.

The Pilgrims had hardly explored the shores four days before they robbed the graves of my ancestors, and stole their corn, wheat, and beans. The Indians knew this fact, yet welcomed and befriended the settlers, little knowing that they would be killed by the settlers' guns. What has happened cannot be changed, but today we work toward a better America, a more Indian America where people and nature are once again important.

This is why the legal definition of genocide includes cultural killing, not only actually killing.

But I thought only Russians killed innocent civilians. There must be an error in the reporting. Either that or it was a Russian false flag operation. :smiling_imp:

The United States Government has been murdering innocent people abroad through our stupid, illegal and wrongheaded invasions of foreign countries whose governments fail to tally up with United States' interests for more than a half century. What's been happening for the past 8-12 years, as well as right now, is no different.

Agreed Ma, I've been watching this for going on 66 years and it's disheartening to see so many of my fellow Americans pull the lever for these war parties every election.

Why can't they see what is in the hearts of these monstrous humans who value life so little, but money greatly?