Home | About | Donate

The Most Dangerous Man on Earth

The Most Dangerous Man on Earth

Tom Engelhardt

Here we are, living with a man whose ultimate urge seems to be to bring the world to a boil around himself.

"It’s possible that he might indeed be the first president since Harry Truman in 1945 to order the use of nuclear weapons." (Photo: Getty)

The most dangerous man on earth, belongs to the Fascist,Republican party , which according to Chomsky is: " the most dangerous organization on earth".

One has to wonder how long before we see this headline: TRUMP ATTACKS NORTH KOREA.

Yep MMinLamese. With Trump in the White House we can all sit back and breath easy. Probably would help though if we all have oxygen tanks. (You know, to get breathable air).

"If I were the president, I could stop terrorist attacks against the United States in a few days. Permanently. I would first apologize – very publicly and very sincerely – to all the widows and the orphans, the impoverished and the tortured, and all the many millions of other victims of American imperialism. I would then announce that America’s global interventions – including the awful bombings – have come to an end. And I would inform Israel that it is no longer the 51st state of the union but – oddly enough – a foreign country. I would then reduce the military budget by at least 90% and use the savings to pay reparations to the victims and repair the damage from the many American bombings and invasions. There would be more than enough money. Do you know what one year of the US military budget is equal to? One year. It’s equal to more than $20,000 per hour for every hour since Jesus Christ was born. That’s what I’d do on my first three days in the White House. On the fourth day, I’d be assassinated."
WILLIAM BLUM

One has to wonder how long before we see this headline: TRUMP DIES TWEETING ON TIOLET-NATION REJOICES!

It’s B-a-a-c-c-k-k!

Let’s all sing Hail to the Chump, for it/him/her.

As bad as Trump is it is probably wise to worry more about the movement behind him. This is the right wing extremist movement that was able to elect him. This movement really became evident in the 1990s with the patriot movement which spawned numerous militia hate groups all over the country. Probably the Michigan militia got the most publicity. Today these same people are Trump voters. Then more recently through internet the alt-right appeared. These are largely the same type of white supremacists who put down their rifles and instead sat in front of keyboards recruiting people to their white nationalist movement. The movement is characterized by extreme paranoia. There are fears that the government wants to take away everyone’s guns. That there is an effort to do away with the white race. Just recently Twitter closed down some account of these white supremacists and there are claims it was due to a Jewish conspiracy. Many of these people are also dangerous. Although acts of terrorism by Muslims get most of the publicity it has been determined that right wing extremists actually have carried out more of these attacks (although have not killed as many people). Other groups to worry about are those called constitutionalists such as the Bundy family members who believe the Constitution does not give the federal government the right to own property and who believe the Constitution does not give law enforcement authority to any office holder higher than county sheriff. These are the type of people that made a Trump presidency. They are why he can lie all he wants and all that happens is he gains more support. And he can make the most racist remarks and his support increases. And he give speeches that sound like they are coming from a fascist dictator and his support goes up some more.

I agree, LRX. Have often commented that Trump and his antics are a distraction. The real damage is being done by others as he rants and raves and pouts like the adolescent he is. He doesn’t have enough brains to write more than a few lines in a tweet, let alone engineer anything long term. His presence in the White House, though, is all the extreme right needs to gain a foothold and promote their fascist agenda.

It’s only fair that if trump decides to launch that he sit astride the bomb like the flight guy in Dr. Strangelove.

His presence in White House is all about money.

… and religiosity. Don’t forget that these are “Christian soldiers.”

Had Clinton won the presidency, she would have been the most dangerous woman on earth. Democrat or Republican by any other name is still a disaster. The population of the US must take on a collective new, rational mindset.

So, in Donnie’s quest for some sort of immortality he is willing to do anything…including wiping out the human race. What a legacy to leave behind for someone to find: The guy who singlehandedly killed a species.

No one could do all this singlehandedly. Der Gropenführer is only dangerous because at long last the people of the US have found a leader to completely reflect its shadow—narcissistic, psychotic, psychopathic, full of unconscious fear, rage, shame, guilt and grief.

To get to this point we had to endure several long auditions—Nixon, Reagan, Bush the Incomprehensible, Bush the Lesser. They were punctuated by lesser-evil ratchet presidents like Clinton and Obama—members of the slightly less extreme right half of the corporate duopoly party whose function has been to hold the place of the country; to formerly stop, now just slow the pace of its rightward spin when too-fast pushing toward fascism by the Republicans results in muted clueless horror-struck pushback by the public. The back and forth swinging of the political pendulum has always been about incompleteness; it could have been completed by consciousness and wisdom but instead it’s been filled in as well as could be, by shadow.

To personalize the problem is to miss the other people causing it—first the rich and the Republicans, and then everyone else in the US; everyone’s in the system of splitting and projecting, creating the current concentration of evil in those just slightly more on the side of separating rather than connecting. Almost everything that is or can be said about the Rusti Mussolini can be said about the new (Koch- and NRA-owned) Republican party and the US in general. We set up his arsenal, we put most of the CO2 and methane in the atmosphere and killed off most of the fish, mammals, birds, frogs, fungi, forest flowers, and insects and cut down most of the forests; if he’s leading us toward apocalypse, it’s because we’re leading the rest of the world there and he’s following our lead.

It’s unlikely we’ll be able to do all that’s required to avoid both climate catastrophe and the accompanying ecological crises without recognizing the truth about all this.