Home | About | Donate

The Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty at 50 – Awaiting Good Faith

The Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty at 50 – Awaiting Good Faith

Robert Dodge

50 years ago on July 1, 1968 the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT) was signed. This landmark nuclear arms control treaty brought the world’s nuclear powers together with the ultimate goal of eliminating nuclear weapons by engaging in good faith efforts toward that end. Unfortunately, there was no legal mandate to enforce this provision. The Treaty also had a “grand bargain” that allowed nations to pursue the “peaceful” use of the atom for nuclear power, medical and scientific research.

The nuclear genie has grown grotesquely obese on government largesse–way to obese to ever be tamped back into her bottle. In fact, a better metaphor is the Sword of Damocles…

Only a democrat; like Trump, Obama, Truman, would make an A-bomb and then use it and/or threaten to use it.

A timocrat would not do it; especially not, if the entire world became undemocratic and instead, became timocratic and/or fully humane.

Only once We the People rid ourselves of the “Uni-Party” (Democrat/Republican), can we then rid our nation of Nuclear Weapons.

The “Uni-Party” is addicted to spreading Hate, Aggression, and Weaponry all over the Globe while maintaining an ever expanding Empire and using our Armed Forces to protect them and the Corporate State.

Peace, and Love, are not in their vocabulary.

Now is the time to make a difference.

Leave the “Uni-Party” today.

Break the addiction which is killing us all.

On this topic Daniel Ellsberg’s The Doomsday Machine from 2017 is warmly recommended.

I am a Hibskusha of Hiroshima. My mother and I were 800 meters from the Hypocenter. I was inside of mother’s womb at 12 Weeks. I was born six months after the Bomb. I want to make sure that no one would go through the horror of surviving the nuclear bomb like we have. It was a worst nightmares that any could ever experienced. I am all for eliminating 15,000 nuclear bombs between nine nations. We can afford to increase the nuclear weapons. Please Stop!!!
Survivor at 72.