Home | About | Donate

The Obama Doctrine: The Audacity of Ignorance

The Obama Doctrine: The Audacity of Ignorance

Peter Van Buren

Think what it must be like to be one of America’s allies.

The reasons given as to why the US and NATO intervened in Libya are hogwash. They had nothing whatsoever to do with Humanitarian concerns.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/declassified-emails-reveal-natos-true-motive-topple-gaddafi-stop-creation-gold-backed-african-currency/#y5adaAlRc6wxuvsu.99

I don't think anyone who ever was part of the CIA (or State Department) truly ever leaves it.

To turn foreign policy into the blunders of individually flawed Presidents rather than into the MANDATE enforced by the MIC and Deep State Powers is its own deception. This is ridiculous because it leaves out the obvious need on the part of the MIC (with its $500 billion PER year budget) to make and spread wars:

"Inside that bubble, American goals are deemed, de facto, to be world goals, and coalitions should form like crystals around them. America alone is the arbiter of what “genocides” need or need not be stopped, and at what point the United States should start something, and then back away, and then perhaps return. The American foreign policy establishment never seems to notice that for all the genocides that need stopping, all the evil dictators that need toppling, and regimes that need changing, few if any nations seem to share America’s zeal for military intervention. Few countries seem so committed to bypassing other tools of foreign policy (diplomacy, trade) and jumping to the literal attack. In fact, few countries seem to want to put skin into the game, to use Obama’s expression, perhaps in large part because it is not their game."

Do grown men REALLY view the world as little more than cowboy and Indian games?

Stunted adolescent males at the wheel. No wonder the world is barreling into climate, financial, and military-driven chaos!

Military men, like serial killers are inured to the pain their calamitous actions cost others.

Note the festival, almost carnival-style choice of terms here:

"But then there’s America again at your cubicle, asking again that you join some coalition, get some troops into another wacky American overseas intervention for freedom, or regime change, or to stop another impending genocide only American can see or stop."

Those wacky interventions....

Pay no attention to the body counts.
Pay no attention to the leveled buildings and destroyed infrastructure.
Pay no attention to the babies born with major infirmities and genetic defects
Pay no attention to the widows and orphaned children

Also not mentioned was Qaddafi's goal to get OFF the U.S. dollar and trade in his own currency, gold-backed.

In the place of meaningful analysis, Mr. Van Buren turns glib and nonchalant in discussing absolute HORRORS!

This documentary shows what the foreign interventions are all about:

Military men, like serial killers are inured to the pain their calamitous actions cost others.

Note the festival, almost carnival-style choice of terms here:

"But then there’s America again at your cubicle, asking again that you join some coalition, get some troops into another wacky American overseas intervention for freedom, or regime change, or to stop another impending genocide only American can see or stop."

Those wacky interventions....

Pay no attention to the body counts.
Pay no attention to the leveled buildings and destroyed infrastructure.
Pay no attention to the babies born with major infirmities and genetic defects
Pay no attention to the widows and orphaned children

Also not mentioned was Qaddafi's goal to get OFF the U.S. dollar and trade in his own currency, gold-backed.

In the place of meaningful analysis, Mr. Van Buren turns glib and nonchalant in discussing absolute HORRORS!

Van Buren certainly knows this. But then it's the job of State Department to push the alternative story. Always!

I fully concur. Van Buren always gives the appearance of "reasoned opposition to foreign policy" but uses that dissent to advance the same false narrative. It very deliberate.

Yep. You and Siouxrose nailed it. Same old hegemonic narrative - history written within an Empire-designated frame.

I love the way you worded your comment.

This bears repeating because it says so much and really nails the Deception Dynamic:

"...the appearance of "reasoned opposition to foreign policy" but uses that dissent to advance the same false narrative."

I think Edward Snowden would be very proud of us! I hope that more and more thinking persons are seeing through the dangerous smokescreens used to turn the entire planet into little more than an open war zone.

I am still in shock from the footage revealed by Jeremy Scahill in his "Dirty Wars" documentary. Seeing the Presence of all the soldiers who play with drones the way kids play video games (and all of this being outside of any so called "law of war" or other regulatory framework) means NO ONE is safe.

"One foreign commentator said the United States has “turned into a nation of idiots, incapable of
doing anything except conducting military operations against primitive
countries.”

I seem to remember when the USA was always run by a bunch of idiots incapable of doing anything except conducting military operations against primitive countries. Ah well; I suppose that is how the USA began, although the other former British colonies that may have begun the same way have not persisted as such.

It misses the central point to ignore how exquisitely choreographed said ignorance is.

That's not to say that there's no ignorance involved, that it's not broadly distributed between rulers and minions, or that it's all intentional. It's all a bloody mess, really.

Westerners in general, Americans in particular, are swamped by diverse but complimentary propaganda from cradle to grave. But it is at least as subliminal to the advertiser as to the victim. Ad after ad reports that our dis-ease will repair with shopping, that we are rewarded with whisky and accepted by beer for purchasing cars and diamonds. When the pols lie, well ho and hum: it fits the rhythm and the melody, and that's what life becomes. Pols and parties ground their lies in assumptions of people's daily lives. It must be our oil or gas or whatever. If all the trinkets in the closet have not satisfied, how can I do with fewer?

If the good are granted rewards, are not not saying that I am bad by saying I need less or different? Here's to sitting on a curb on a day with sunshine. It has been a while.