Home | About | Donate

The Old Trump is Back. In Fact, He Never Left

The Old Trump is Back. In Fact, He Never Left

Robert Reich

It seems an eternity ago but it was only last Tuesday night when Donald Trump addressed a joint session of Congress and stuck to the teleprompter without going off the deep end – eliciting rapturous praise from the media.

Were it only so simple! A far more subtle, but equally (or more) dangerous presence would take on increased political power -- and the further use of impeachment or other remedy would be essentially impossible, having already been used once with this administration. Not that Trump should remain because he is a fool that we know, but the indictment of the present administration needs to be broader than the one person. It is really a 'gang of brigands' that needs dealing with. Like the Hydra, cutting off one head only alerts the rest of the body to a clever swords man.

Tuesday nights' address to Congress was merely a continuation of a 'Con Job' perpetrated on the American people in order to rape and pillage our system of Democracy for its' treasure.

The only question that remains unanswered is, how long will 'We' (those who know this assault on Americas' institutions and people in not sustainable) will allow it to continue?

Although I am no Clinton or Obama fan, it is apparent that Trump's strategy continues to include a serial fake news campaign against both families for the purpose of distracting us from his serial failings..

When Trump's base ends up in far worse shape at the end of his first term than they were when they voted for him, Trump's serial fake news strategy will enable him to blame the results of his and the GOP Congress' sinister and regressive legislation on the Clintons, Obamas, anybody or anything other than where the blame belongs. Most of his base will not want to admit they have been duped, so they will believe him just as they believed the birther lie and other Trump lies.

Tell it like it is Robert!

Yes, "unhinged and dangerous" indeed!
"the “birther,” the hatemonger, the thin-skinned paranoid, the liar, the reckless ranter, the vindictive narcissist, the whack-o conman", racist, bigot - the Zionist tool - the "malignant" narcissist, as well as the certifiable mental-case!

A nightmare just beginning that we humans, our Mother Earth - Gaia - and all Her creatures great and small we share the Earth with, will be lucky to survive!

OCCUPY! - RESIST! - EDUCATE! - Hasta La Victoria Siempre!

I would assume that most Republicans in Congress are aware that Trump is unhinged and dangerous as well as a fascist and racist but they are afraid of going against him because he has so much support. Few are willing to risk their careers to go against him. Many Republican voters it seems can't believe their luck that they have a white nationalist representing them as president and continue to support him regardless of what he does. .

Donald Trump at his most presidential,“gushed NBC; “a recitation of hopes and dreams for the nation,” oozed NPR; “the most presidential speech Mr. Trump has ever given – delivered at precisely the moment he needed to project sobriety, seriousness of purpose and self-discipline,” raved the New York Times; “he did something tonight that you cannot take away from him. He became president of the United States,” rhapsodized CNN’s Van Jones.   The bar was so low that all Trump needed to do was not sound nuts and he was 'presidential.'

Presi-DUNCE-ial is more like it.   I can see it now, "Trump Walks and Chews Gum at SAME TIME", Trumpets Fox!  Or maybe Tweetle-Dumb will brag about this unique accomplishment on Twitter tomorrow, "Only I can do this!"

I am seriously hoping that this 'Russia story' catches all of them -- the fact that it has already caught Flynn and Sessions tells me that whatever was going on goes all the way to the top (trumppence, et al). If this turns out to be true, then all we have to worry about is Ryan ...

One professor who is also a historian at yale said that fascism starts with the use of false "facts" that a real democracy needs a basis of laws and facts. The latest meltdown and distraction which his insane base will stick with ( for the thrill if nothing else for them) is that Obama had Trump Tower wire tapped.

How about the corrupt system that allowed him to get voted in in the first place?

Shame on these republicans and democrats as well! This "man-child" needs a serious psych test . I am not sure what law can force a president to submit to a competency test, but this should always be done with any nominee.

Yes, party before country- makes a lot of sense to worship an old demented and even insane person.