Home | About | Donate

The One Wall Trump Doesn’t Like

The One Wall Trump Doesn’t Like

Heather Weaver

President Trump may be the world’s most renowned fan of building walls, but there’s at least one wall he loathes: the wall of separation between church and state.

How many of the 12 Commandments has Trump already broken?

How many does he break on a daily basis?

I guess the “Christian Right” wakes up each morning and says, “I forgive Donald Trump today.”

1 Like

Is “thou shalt not be washed in prostitute precipitation” Number 11 or Number 12? Asking for a friend.

1 Like

I’m not sure that’s a sin, Wise One.

I certainly hope not as I have been to Amsterdam and shared company with the ladies of the evening.

Of course, this was when I wore a younger man’s clothes.

I hope no one here thinks less of me for that.

1 Like

Oh great, now Billy Joel will be on auto loop in my brain for a while…

1 Like

Lets be clear here, Trump doesn’t give a dam about these proposals, other than the votes he receives from these fake Christians. He is one of the least religious persons on the planet. I am beyond tired of the attempts from the RR to overturn the constitution so they can believe they are expediting the end times. Years ago it wasn’t as big of an issue as today, you could always depend on the SC to over turn the wacky lower court rulings, today, not so much. I believe, no matter you’re religious preference, or none at all, that one of the smartest things our forefathers did was including the separation of church and state.

2 Likes

That is funny.

You asked for it Owl,

"La De Da."

1 Like

Religion has to be exposed for what it is.
The sociopath’s desire for control.
Every time someone brings it up for the purpose of putting you in your place, it must be exposed for what it is.

Then Gonzaga can be reclassified as a true NBA minor league.

In regard to the separation of church and state, I am very worried about the prospect of a President Pence. The forefathers had many shared understandings they learned from studying history and believing the ideas of the Enlightenment. Some of these became the foundation of the republic. I rank freedom of the press and a civilian-controlled military very high among them. There are many US citizens who don’t understand that the US is exceptional because of these founding tenets. We are losing an appreciation for how important these beliefs are to life in the United States as we have known it. It’s never been perfect, but the principles were alive and operative. They seem endangered to me now. I’m worried.

You just need to view this the same way the right-wing does. It’s a propaganda tool. Religious class study that is. Indoctrinate the young into alternative education and perhaps an agenda of alternative facts as well.

1 Like

HI GANDOLF, but if a person just reads the Bible stories they will give up on religion. I was in the 7th grade and reading JOB, because everyone said it was just such a great story.
So 2 guys , God and Satan , are sitting around talking and then a challenge comes up-----who does JOB really love? So of course as a wise ass 7th grader, I thought,WHAT? If God is supposed to be all knowing and all loving wouldn’t GOD knew the answer.
So when these 2 maniacs gamble with JOB’s life and take away his family and all his goods and he’s a disaster… and at the end he still loves GOD. What are people supposed to learn from an unknowing God that is just plain cruel .I just decided that any God that is this mean and stupid should just be ignored.
A lot of 7th graders could figure that out----------- 7th grade—the rise of the questioners and wise asses too-----Lots of us thought this a terrible teaching story that doesn’t seem to teach anything except —dump this book! It’s filled with mean and cruel people. I became a disbeliever—. Remember that 7th grade, for a lot of kids, is that line of demarcation—separating the thinkers from the followers -----and that a lot of bad things can be taken on faith. : (

1 Like

No argument here, Pence is a train wreck. Not sure I would label the US as exceptional though, at least not now that a lot of the world has caught up to us, in the freedom arena. You’re right about our past statesmen, they had plenty of flaws, but the parts of the world who have caught up to us, did so using parts of our constitution as a road map. Agree with the loss of appreciation for the beliefs, I suppose that’s our fault, for not paying closer attention to what’s taught, kids today don’t even know what civics class is, and I think that’s by design.

1 Like

I got my first “D” on my report card, in 7th grade.

You are just full of revelations today. So I can tell you read the bible and are asking for forgiveness. ;}

1 Like

That’s what worked for me. Just read the bible a few times and voila, instant atheist. About the same time as you. At the time of my confirmation I was given the bible and then told by the priest not to read it. So of course being a good god fearing christian at the time, I read it. And reread it a few more times.
I have to say it horrified me so much that I just couldn’t believe in such a god.
But considering I have met christians that have read the bible and they just make excuses for it. Like if only those people had just followed the rules, they deserved what they got for saying no to god.
Christians are real good at ignoring truths about their god.

HI PonyBoy… your first D grade in the 7th grade-----but was it a mean teacher with no sense of humor, I’ve had a few of those, but the ones that didn’t like my questions tried to lower my grade…so in the 7th grade, D could be for “delightful,” for really good and needful questions too. : )

HI SkipMoreland----- I had a hard time with a lot of the stories because they just didn’t sound like nice people a lot of the time.The Old Testament had a lot of creepy , controlling and cruel people, The New Testament had nicer people, but with some really bad friends and jealous wanna-be people. Treat people the way you want to be treated , seems like a good philosophy—and skip all the killing. But commit to whatever it is… so I pretty much like YODA and his “Do or do not, there is no try.” : )

2 Likes

I go by the golden rule. He who has the gold rules. Oops, not that one. Do unto others as ye would have done to ye. Since I am a reasonable sane person, how I would want to be treated is with respect and decency.
And that was my problem with the old testament. God came across as amoral, jealous, mentally ill god. And the people went along with what he commanded. So what does that make them when he tells them to steal, kill, enslave, etc? The old I was just following orders doesn’t make sense to me.

HI SkipMoreland… LOL, but the first golden rule, comment was funny, and so very Trumpian. : )