Home | About | Donate

The 'Opposite' of Leadership: Anita Hill Says Joe Biden Apology Not Good Enough

The 'Opposite' of Leadership: Anita Hill Says Joe Biden Apology Not Good Enough

Jessica Corbett, staff writer

Hill, who famously testified before the Senate Judiciary Committee that Clarence Thomas sexually harassed her, said the former vice president and then-committee chair should have shown leadership but "did just the opposite"

Anita Hill

Thank you Anita for sending up for your rights and our gender. You were right in not accepting Biden’s apology, he should of known better but he did not stand up for you or women of the world as; many males in this country believe in their superiority.

could not agree with Anita more. Here is one of our most courageous women to ever try to speak to the nation, whose voice was not allowed to be heard or believed as it should have been and Biden and his ilk refuse to take responsibility for their misogyny. Glad to see her out there once again. thank you Anita!

Indeed. Biden greased the skids in order that the right-wing tool Thomas could get onto the Supreme Court. And now, of course, the Democratic Party lionizes him.
Both unforgivable.

Another one bites the dust.

Hopefully this will help lay pro-TPP Biden’s Presidential aspirations to rest. He won’t have the women’s votes, the unions votes, or the Sanders votes.

I watched the entire proceedings and the experience left a very bad taste in my mouth too. I remember the looks on the faces of the senators, particularly Biden and Orin Hatch when Thomas rolled out this accusation:

“This is a circus. It’s a national disgrace. And from my standpoint, as a black American, it is a high-tech lynching for uppity blacks who in any way deign to think for themselves, to do for themselves, to have different ideas, and it is a message that unless you kowtow to an old order, this is what will happen to you. You will be lynched, destroyed, caricatured by a committee of the U.S. Senate rather than hung from a tree”

There was little doubt in my mind that, with the exception of Arlan Spector, the senators on that committee gave credence to Hill’s testimony but Thomas’s accusation trumped Hill’s.

It is worth the time to read Wki on Biden. I find a repulsion triggered whenever I see the man speak. He has the presentation of a lazy used car salesman, a plastic denture grin and the dust of closeted smarminess. He too, like the Clintons, will pass. Their ‘handlers’, particularly with the revelations in the Trump administration, are the real concern.

Clarence " Tee-Lynch " Thomas: Now, exactly how many right-wing, reactionary, strict constructionist Constitutional legal scholars have even been shunned by the U.S. Senate in 25 years? How many times do you get to use the inflammatory word " lynched " when describing what’s happening to you in a formal Congressional hearing? And, end your remarks with " hung from a tree "?
I can’t figure out who’s the bigger liar, Biden or " Tee Lynch ", but it certainly isn’t Anita Hill.
And, Joe Biden has been smoking crack with the Clintons again, if he thinks he’s getting The Dims’ nomination for POTUS in 2020.
Anita Hill has moved on and forward, doing good things, in 25 years. I wish the same could be said of Thomas or Biden.

Biden: You should have let those women testify.

Thanks to Anita for her guts. May it be a beginning to the end of the old boys network and people of integrity, character regardless of gender come to be leaders.

Not only did Joe Biden short change Anita Hill, he short changed all women, and the American people. We had a corrupt examination of Clarence Thomas, and we wound up with a horrible person on our Supreme Court. Thomas has performed poorly, and has continually violated ethical codes of conduct, and we still can’t get rid of him.

Yes, hopefully the Democrats will nominate and elect the first woman president in our history and my choice would be Elizabeth Warren. We did try with Hillary in 2016, but she was too much of an insider with a negative name association with Bill Clinton, and his out of wedlock sex.

Democrats need to evolve to really be the party of women’s rights and civil rights, the party of DIVERSITY.

Well, if the people nominate a woman, I hope it’s Tulsi or Nina. Warren is a blow-with-the-wind-opportunist. Of course, Sanders said he would run as a Dem if he runs. In that case, he’s the sure bet. I don’t need a woman in the WH to pursue policies that promote women. I need someone who advocates for everyone, including women.

Pilate on the Potomac

Anita Hill is right.

I do not anticipate leadership from Biden or any sector of Democrat power structure. On the contrary, in casual conversation, I’ve heard quite a few folk mention their belief that Putin is somehow linked to the targeting of large numbers of Democrat leaders with allegations of sexual harassment. I don’t know how widespread this sentiment is or whether it is orchestrated or just a consequence of the Democrat power structure’s anti-Putin rhetoric.

“Say it isn’t so Joe.”

Besides Warren needs to lose her shrill voice and the menes. What do you think of Sanders/Tulis ticket.

But this is not about “the ticket” it is about the harm done by condoning denigration of half of the population and of those who are different that what white men see in the mirror.

If only she wasn’t shrill. Like a man.

You hang out with nitwits. Probably a reason for that.

I do end up spending time (what you refer to as ‘hanging out’) with folk who believe the dogma put out by the Democrat power structure.

However, while I disagree with their perspective, characterizing them, or anyone with whom one disagrees, as ‘nitwits’ is an offensive personal attack reflective of an inability to engage in civil discourse and use sound reasoning .