Home | About | Donate

The Oratory of the Trump

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/07/11/oratory-trump

2 Likes

The authors words: “It’s hard to pick out the highlights of the trump’s endless production of verbal flatulence.” speak the truth of trumps malignant tenure.

My comment is pointed at the second of author’s two examples, the Mt. Rushmore speech - a re-post and trump history that needs more exposure.

Donald Trumps performance at Mount Rushmore is right out of the Joe McCarthy-Roy Cohn playbook, laughable stuff if not so insidiously treasonous;
Cohn being Trump’s primary mentor and corrupt hero he emulates in his ego madness and malignant narcissism, making “enemies” of decent Americans today as McCarthy and Cohn did…it should be noted Stones prison sentence commutation shows Stone and trump to be confidants akin to the Roy Cohn relationship.

The McCarthy-Cohn agenda attacking and demonizing anyone to sow social and political division and fear of reprisal, for political gain is representative of Trump’s entire life; one of corruption, malignant ambition, pathological lies, white-supremacist racism, and astonishing ignorance.

McCarthy was eventually defeated; his destructive ambitions smashed, by a true American hero in the person of Joseph Welch, whose moving comments on live TV ultimately ended McCarthy’s reign and career - very much as Donald trumps own lack of decency, malignant divisiveness, overt racism, bigotry, and reign of ignorance, will be ended!:

Welch’s stirring words to McCarthy lifted the veil and McCarthy finally stood naked in his extremism for all America to truly see - so too will the scales fall from America’s eyes and Donald trump be exposed as corrupt fraud, racist, and charlatan liar!
:
Welch’s words June 9, 1954 were: “Until this moment, Senator, I think I never really gauged your cruelty or your recklessness.” - "Let us not assassinate this lad further, senator. You’ve done enough. Have you no sense of decency, sir, at long last? Have you left no sense of decency?"

Joseph Welch had integrity, honor, and courage; qualities entirely absent in McCarthy, Cohn, and Donald Trump, and we will soon see the demise of Trump as we did the mentors he so viciously emulates.
We await the moment and person of great courage and integrity - of honor - who will trigger the demise of Trump, but it will take more than empty Pablum and silent complicity seen from the DNC and others in the entrenched Democratic hierarchy…

~https://www.americanrhetoric.com/speeches/welch-mccarthy.html

~https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/09/19/roy-cohn-donald-trump-documentary-228144

6 Likes

The Oratory of Trump
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

3 Likes

Two notable distinctions from that time to this occur to me:

1. Welch’s impact depended entirely on the ability of media to focus on what he said. If the camera turns away to focus on an empty podium awaiting a tyrant’s arrival instead, then there’s no impact and nobody ever heard “have you no decency?” Maybe folks stumble upon Welch’s statement on page 7 of an antiquated newspaper, with stories about pork belly futures.

2. US Americans are almost universally aware that Pestilency has no decency. Amongst the 33% who appreciate his approach to the pandemic, that’s why they like him – they support his incredibly toxic presence because of the pain he causes the rest of us. He’s a weapon wielded by traitors to bring down the rest of the country. His person is a national assault.

5 Likes

I was hoping somebody would hack into media coverage of the Tulsa event and blare Neil Young’s LAST TRIP TO TULSA.

1 Like