Home | About | Donate

The Overlooked Trumpcare Threat: A Medicare Time Bomb

The Overlooked Trumpcare Threat: A Medicare Time Bomb

Nancy Altman, Linda Benesch

Just over two years ago, Donald Trump gave a speech announcing his run for the presidency. In that speech, he promised that he would not cut Social Security, Medicare, or Medicaid. That promise became a centerpiece of his campaign.

If young Murkins think they are having a hard time finding a job, just wait until Medicare is gutted resulting in very few Murkins ever retiring and most staying at their jobs until the day they die.

You can't believe a thing Trump says. Half the time he says one thing and then a day later he says something different. Not an ounce of integrity or fair play.

Where are Progressive Democrats on this? Lift your voices and be heard! Begin to forge a party that takes no corporate bribes or revolving doors. And make it a party where democracy rules, not Big Money politicians.

http://newsweekly.com.au/article.php?id=4438

Congress is working on an amendment to this Kill Bill already. Here is a summary:

Health Care Reconciliation - HR1628

The Senate will vote on an amendment to the House-passed bill that would adjust health insurance tax credits for income and geography beginning in 2020. The credits would be available for people with income of up to 350 percent of the federal poverty level. The Senate version also would allow marketplace insurers to cover fewer medical costs for consumers than under the 2010 health care law. It also would start phasing out higher payments for the Medicaid expansion under the 2010 law in 2021 with the phase-out being complete by 2024.

Looks like the only amendments they are going to consider will be ones that make the bill even worse.

I don't know why there is such an outrage about these programs. The payroll deductions are minimal compared to federal and other taxes. I have written to Washington including presidents and congress people telling them I would gladly pay more taxes for programs that help people living in poverty. (Of course, I have to qualify that with opposition to the defense budget and taxes that support that mess)

Dubya, Obama and Congress put US taxpayers on the hook for more than $20 trillion in bailout schemes for the too-big-to-fail (TBTF) banks that controlled 25% of US bank assets when they crashed the economy in 2008.

The TBTF banks today control 50% of US bank assets with no end of their march to monopoly in sight. The next time those banks crash the economy taxpayers will be put on the hook for way more than $20 trillion in bailout schemes. Social Security and Medicare are two sources of money that Paul Ryan has had earmarked for this and other categories of wealth transfer from the 99% to the 1% ever since he showed up in DC in 1999.

And 'ironstache' is looking better all the time ...