Home | About | Donate

The Party Formerly Known as Republican

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/09/08/party-formerly-known-republican

The party formerly known as Republican just changed its name to Democrat.

4 Likes

The GOP has been an organized crime syndicate from the time it burned down the house of Civil War Union General George Stoneman after he left the mob.

4 Likes

"The Republican party has made a grave mistake in ceding the party to Donald Trump. "

The Republican and Democrat Parties have both made grave mistakes in embracing neoliberal capitalism, war mongering, anti-environmental practices, etc.

6 Likes

The Republican Party is now the Trump Party.

3 Likes

Exactly! the repukkke party has been RICO ever since after Eisenhower, the last non-bad, I repeat, non-bad Republican. All other so-called republicans after Eisenhower, from joe mccarthy and nixon onto newt gingrich-reagan to bushes-trump (the last one is the culmination of repukkke evil) have been RICO, most tragically, normalized in America as a mainstream party. I’d just add to Goodman - never give Law and Order credits to trump, not even in the wildest irony! trump-pence regime are the OUTLAW AND DISORDER!

2 Likes

My late father had voted for Regan; twice. He told me why, years before he died in 2003. He voted for Regan the Second time; because he didn’t like Walter Mondale. I voted for Clinton, in 1992. Then, in 1996; I voted for Ralph Nader. I just wished that Bernie had stayed in the race longer.

I supported Ralph in 1996 when He ran as a third party candidate, but I was politically young and naive then and had no conception that the political system was so corrupt that Mr. Nader never had a chance.

I saw the same thing in 2016 when I called Bernie a progressive con and proved it in 2020 when Bernie pretended he had a chance at POTUS and had to know the corrupt DNC had already chosen Biden/Harris.

As for Reagan, my late Uncle knew him personally and said: " he was one of the most corrupt politicians he had ever meant!"