Home | About | Donate

The Plot to Keep Jeremy Corbyn Out of Power

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2019/07/04/plot-keep-jeremy-corbyn-out-power

2 Likes

British Politics appears to be no different then American Politics.

The Israeli Lobbyists are extremely powerful and quickly label anyone showing sympathy for the Palestinian cause as Anti-Semitic.

Corbyn is the Bernie Sanders of British Politics and would make a great Prime Minister.

5 Likes

terrific essay by Cook. I hope it gets the "likes’ it deserves so we can see more of Cook’s work on here rather than the typical Democratic establishment toadies we’re generally infected with.

The connection between Corbyn and Sanders has been fairly clear for over 3 years now, in spite of the fundamental differences between the two politicians (Corbyn being the real thing, Sanders being an “ersatz pinko”). This is an ideological response, not a national one. It will happen–and has happened–to any western politician who attempted to resist austerity and neoliberal domination. Most have been broken and, in Clintonese, “brought to heel”.

But a few soldier on, and for those of you completely paralyzed by the prospect of a bloody, global revolt, you need to act now to defend these stalwarts’ attempt to wrestle power from power via ballots while such a thing may still be possible. Because there won’t be any second or third chances.

6 Likes

The plot is only slightly different between the US and Europe, but the results remain the same, to shut down any critique of Zionism or Israel. The link below has a video imbedded, in the video is a confession.

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/51858.htm

1 Like

Remember the days when the resignation of a UK PM meant a new elections? Not so now as the Tories put up a fake display of democracy between Johnson and Hunt, choosing a PM by backdoor edict, while denying Corbyn the chance to make his case to the UK voters. The UK has jumped on the US bandwagon declaring Venezuela’s election a fraud but at least Venezuela actually had an election. The UK sold what little remained of their soul in Northern Ireland decades ago in memory of a long lost empire and now is just a sock puppet for US imperialism.

5 Likes

oh please, opposition to Corbyn is politics as usual, not a conspiracy.
He and the Labor Party, for understandable reasons, have no coherent policy on Brexit, not because of a cabal against him but because the base is split and it is proving impossible to reconcile that. And as there are far more Muslim than Jewish voters it is understandable that Corbyn would pander to the Muslims, but he has flirted with open anti-Semitism truly alarming the British Jewish population that are in the best position to evaluate this (most had been strong Labor supporters.) Corbyn has openly supported terrorists whose stated goal is driving out virtually all the Jews in the Middle East (as they have already done in Arab lands.) You might agree with all that but you can’t expect to adopt such policies without getting push-back from people who don’t agree. That is not a “plot” it is a response to policies.

1 Like

Corbyn, like Sanders, is under attack because he’s anti-austerity and anti-imperialist. Spurious charges of “anti-Semitism” are simply another weapon of convenience, entirely divorced from substance.

4 Likes

Poor old Jeremy.
The plot has worked. It is so sad, that without all this media-onslaught, they would be able to see for themselves… what a naturally decent-guy he is, -and his many positive attributes! He certainly would have more in common with the general public than Boris Johnson!
I came here on Google-search - after seeing the BBC news or Question Time, and heard this dislike of him, which I am sure is based on this so-transparent-to-me media onslaught! I was saddened… the injustice of it all! How dare they do this!? I would take them on if I were Jeremy! He tends not to fight in a personal way, but I certainly would! Or at least spell-out what they are doing to the general public, & why!! That he could and should be given the fair chance to represent them and their needs.

However, from what happened last time, those decent people -not usually interested in ‘politics’ may come out of the woodwork even more.
I’m sure the ‘establishment’ is slightly /quite worried therefore.
Meanwhile, we have a man-made climate catastrophe on our doorstep.
We live in an insane world. The sane ones (like Corbyn, sanders; also Caroline Lucas; etc’s and Greta Thunberg!) need to be able to help re-shape our world and our human-priorities, and also do something about the damn climate! Now - and radically!
(Btw - Think Russel Brand is an amazing guy - like Corbyn, is quite ‘evolved’ inside; think he’s matured too, but like his zany-‘ego’ as well, which he is so transparent about!).

He has done know such thing! Haha…
Honestly - really!? You really believe after seeing how he has dedicated political-life. All those tories know what they’re doing is a game, even the decent-enough ones like Ken Clark and that Rory Stuart

The whole point of this post was to just remind ourselves of the absurd justice the media have been giving him wholly for their own self-interest, with all this content and shite that you say yourself here!

Really in your heart you believe this!?

Never mind!

Meanwhile, it is a travesty that any real anti-Semitism gets over-looked.