Home | About | Donate

'The President Just Committed a Felony': Trump Tells NC Residents to Vote Twice, Openly Encouraging Voter Fraud

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/09/03/president-just-committed-felony-trump-tells-nc-residents-vote-twice-openly

2 Likes

So, the pinhead is still out there bad mouthing mail in and absentee voting despite the fact that the people that use mail in voting the most are the aged, who vote for republicans by a 2 to 1 margin?

14 Likes

The old saw that a stopped clock is right at least twice a day never considered the perpetual huckster known as IQ45, a man so burdened with impulse disorder that he never stops–the Energizer Bunny of Lies, with apologies to bunnies everywhere, especially Bugs.

20 Likes

The theory being that Trump just needs one of his groupies to succeed at this, then expose it so that all mail in ballots will not be counted. SADLY!!! I am not certain that this will fail given the John Roberts toady court.

3 Likes

Especially with Barr filling in as Elmer Fudd, there really is a remarkably Warner-Brothersish undertone in the latest cartoon antic-gambit. Keeping my eye out for Wile E. & that “beep-beep” bird.

The White House stages increasingly ridiculous (also violent) devices to distract from burgeoning fresh COVID spikes, with Minnesota and West Virginia joining seven other states at new outbreak highs, and Montana, Ohio, and Virginia not far behind.

This is according to CDC’s 7-day moving average of reported new cases (the seven other spiking states are Hawaii, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, North Dakota, and South Dakota):

~https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#trends

6 Likes

Trump wants to destroy people’s confidence in the electoral system so he can challenge it if he loses. Whenever he tweets nonsense like this, the best response is to ignore it. Don’t challenge it (as outraged Democrats do)–since empty challenges make no difference: it does no good to yell, “Ain’t he awful!” Sometimes silence is the most powerful response of all.

13 Likes

At this point, one could say that we really have no functioning government, or at best one third of one, if you count the judiciary (which feels shaky to me), and not be contradicted among friends.

6 Likes

NC needs a system like this:

Ballot Status

Under the federal Help America Vote Act (HAVA) of 2002, every voter who casts a provisional ballot is entitled to find out from his/her county elections official if the ballot was counted and if not, the reason why it was not counted.

Under California Elections Code sections [3017 (PDF)status/election-code-a voter who casts a vote-by-mail ballot can find out if the ballot arrived at his/her county elections office, if the ballot was counted, and, if not, the reason why it was not counted.

Each county elections official allows voters to check the status of his/her vote-by-mail and provisional ballot either through the county website, by telephone, or both.

~https://www.sos.ca.gov/elections/ballot-status/

5 Likes

People who still support the Orange Beast remind me of the Germans who continued to support Hitler even after millions of their boys had come home in boxes and their cities had been bombed into oblivion. I guess you just can’t fix stupid no matter what.

10 Likes

“or to induce another to do so,” - the NC police should have arrested him on the spot. Their duty to enforce NC law.
Oh, yes, forgot, the police, as elsewhere, were adjusting their virtual hoods to get a better view of their patron saint and get a better-placed mouth hole to cheer through.

6 Likes

Your first sentence is spot on as to Trump’s intent. As for the rest of the comment - ignoring a criminal act amounts to tacit complicity in said act.

6 Likes

The collapse of the USA continues unabated now. There apparently is no rule of law to stop the madness. But then there truly never was. The USA was founded by a few rich white men who gamed the system for their own rule of law and to keep the rest of us powerless. Nothing has changed.

7 Likes

Joe Biden, that anti-leftist candidate, is probably thinking that there must be some way that he can move to the right of Trump on this issue.

7 Likes

He is essentially telling his supporters to break the law and screw up the election just as he told the police to treat handcuffed prisoners with violence. It also shows us that we are not going to rid ourselves of Trump through any mere election … beware the “the ides of November”.

8 Likes

It is astounding beyond words how one adult, we suspect demented, spoiled bully brat (over privilege-under loved) is quickly succeeding in destroying this country. Everyone in power who can do something about this, and do it fast, is either bought out or terrified of him. He needs to be removed from power NOW and be done with it.

6 Likes

To Fern: We are going to hand deliver out ballots because trust evaporated. Good to know that we can discover whether our votes counted. Thanks!

1 Like

Generally, the people who support Trump are those with nothing left to lose. The Democratic Party establishment doesn’t offer change for them, but only more of the same. Even though Trump doesn’t actually fulfill his promises to them (bringing their jobs back from Mexico and overseas), he at least is paying lip-service to their pain. For many of these people, it might even be better for the entire system to collapse than to live with the status quo.

5 Likes

The Fascists’ takeover of the USA is complete, IMO.
at this point the goal is to wrest power away from them. It’s been too late to keep the Fascists out of power for awhile now.

3 Likes

What ought to be done I cannot say because if I did the NSA would kick in my door., but its certainly not silence.

4 Likes

Crime is relative. If your a working class Joe or Susan or person of color, then writing on your elementary school desk will get you cuffed and fingerprinted, so will putting cheese on the wrong chips at 7-Eleven, or not returning the neighbors football whence it came over your fence once too many times. So, too, thousands (or is it tens of thousands!) of like examples of poor and working class crime waves. But to be wealthy and powerful, well…crime is but opportunity knocking.

3 Likes