Home | About | Donate

'The Pressure Is Working': Watchdogs Welcome FCC's 'Serious Concerns' With Sinclair-Tribune Merger

'The Pressure Is Working': Watchdogs Welcome FCC's 'Serious Concerns' With Sinclair-Tribune Merger

Jessica Corbett, staff writer

"The pressure is working!" declared the advocacy group Free Press, a critic of media consolidation, in response to Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Chairman Ajit Pai's remarks on Monday that he has "serious concerns" about right-wing Sinclair Broadcasting Group's proposed $3.9 billion merger with Tribune Media.

Mr. Pai, how many shares of SGBI (down 11.68% today) did you short before making your remarks?

Oh WiseOwl LOL : ) : ) : ) Good show!

I don’t get it. We delivered petitions with far more signatures to the FCC on Net Neutrality and they ignored them completely. They even lied about public support.

Ajit Pai needs the boot.

States can write laws that outlaw municipal broadband. That is possibly one of the most unethical political deals going for monopolies.

Bring in municipal broadband!!

Maybe its time we all educate ourselves and have some conversations with cities that have been fighting for this communications utility and are making it work.

Petition at Change.org to remove Pai

This could just be Ajit Pai PR gingerbread. I’ll believe it when they disallow the merger. My prediction is that after a “painstaking” review they will conclude that it’s in the national interest to wave the merger through.