Home | About | Donate

The Protests We Should Be Having to Make the Rich Very Afraid

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/07/06/protests-we-should-be-having-make-rich-very-afraid

2 Likes

Until humans learn to live in community they cannot know God …

All highly evolved systems of living have community at their heart .

2 Likes

Since you already dissed humans, you have to mean someone else in “all highly evolved systems of living.” Who are you in contact with?

The scenario at the end of this has been my nightmare for some time. I don’t imagine unspecified actors using such complex tech against superrich individuals; I imagine the rich or their security teams using it against key resistance people. Which is more likely?

12 Likes

As an initial test – before using one on a real billionaire – note that there’s a very easy-to-identify fake billionaire target for such a drone in the general vicinity of the White House lawn on relatively frequent occasions . . .

2 Likes

The next to the last paragraph is pure gold.

2 Likes

I don’t want to see the Super-Rich have their egos bruised, I want to see them pay for the death and despair of the poor who have struggled all their lives just to put food on the table, while they want for nothing.

Oh hell, yes I do want to see their egos bruised.

3 Likes

Murder is not protesting.

1 Like

First of all, I assume that NSA would be able to detect and monitor such devices making it possible to trace their ownership. Second, I’m sure a countermeasure would be devised, either some kind of radar screen or other interference with the drone’s guidance system. Third, such drones could be manufactured secretly by unohoo in massive quantities and used against us and our leaders – assuming we ever get any! (“Oh, the government couldn’t keep something that big a secret.” Really, and what do you know about the research going on at Fort Detrick or Groom Lake?)

2 Likes

um yeah, those drones are gonna be used on us. cancel yr bookface account while you still have a chance

2 Likes

That 60% of Americans whose wealth is matched by a roomful of billionaires should be working together to fight economic injustice. But whenever there’s talk of public banks or public health care or public schools, the wealthiest Americans use their media power to try to convince us that working together as a society is a step toward communism.

Communism may be a bad form of Government, but that is not why the economic and egregiously wealthy elite oppose it; they oppose communism because of what happened in Cuba namely: THEY ARE TERRIFIED OF LOSING THEIR ILL GOTTEN WEALTH!

4 Likes

"Reducing inequality is in their best interest."

It’s too bad that the rich refuse to learn this lesson. Yet, with the proliferation of “reality tv” and distractions/diversions of the public’s attention - far too many Americans also fail to understand how WE are footing the bill of avarice by the rich. It’s not just that the rich need to be taxed, the military-industrial-complex needs to be reduced by billions, these endless wars need to be stopped, the welfare not just to BIG PHarMa, but OIL/GAS, Wall Street, tax cuts for the rich and corporate, Defense - armaments manufacturing, and BIG Agriculture - all need to be cut off of the public teet!!
In the meantime WE desperately need to rebuild our infrastructure, we need to upgrade our electric grid and increase our use of alternative energy, better recycling, encourage more local agriculture, bring more manufacturing jobs back to this nation - all of which will help create jobs and stimulate growth in the economy.

The average wealth per U.S. adult, all 250 million, is over $400,000. The 600 wealthiest own on average $7.3 billion (I did the math), and the least wealthy 125 million adults (50% of all U.S. adults) own $10,176 on average. I did my own calculations using the Flow of Funds report from Federal Reserve, $107 trillion total household net worth, and I used the $10,176 from Buchheit’s table. — also see Equitable growth (dot) org, “The distribution of wealth in the U.S. and its implications for a net worth tax” — If reader clicks “60” that is hyperlinked in the top paragraph you’ll read Buchheit’s record of other studies. – As I recall Sanders calls for an 8% per year tax on assets above $1 billion. I think it should be a 25% tax per year. The wealthy should either spend their money today, or have it taxed away next year. Hoarding is socially harmful, but at what threshold does saving become hoarding? Money should be used, saving is a misnomer when it’s over $20 million. We have “food insecurity” “deep poverty” “extreme poverty” and 40% of U.S. families endure “hardship” says a United Way charity study called ALICE. Poverty portion is 27.8% if you regard income below 150% of FPL as poverty, as I do. The lower saving 60% own just 4% of the national wealth, it’s a society inflicting punishment on itself and in denial of it’s potential. The Poor People’s Campaign with reverend Barber have spelled it out well. These articles always make me do additional homework. Thanks.

The FB business model is the epitomy of exploitative Capitalism. Never did FB, never will…

Added to that , all estates valued over 5 million dollars on the persons death should see a 100 percent tax on the excess.

There are still families in the USA , the UK , Canada and the rest of the “Colonial” nations that trace their wealth back generations where the source of the same was slaves or land theft and genocide. I see no reason a great crime should make ones descendants rich.

3 Likes

If you want to make the super rich very afraid, completely defund and disperse their muscle men and protectors, the CIA.

4 Likes

You took the thought right out of my mind! It is good to know there are other peons that think the way I do. :}}}

I want them to intimately feel what it’s like to live the way too many of us do. I want them to worry about how they would pay the hospital bill if any one of them contracted COVID-19. l want them to worry if they will get their jobs back after this pandemic is over. I want their heads and their way-oversized egos to be GUILLOTINED!

And then of course, I want world peace. :}}

1 Like

I want what you want Wolfess.

JFK tried that when he vowed “to smash the CIA into a thousand pieces” and wanted to fire Dulles, but instead JFK was smashed into a thousand pieces by the CIA. That sent a loud and clear message that the CIA’s muscle will do the same thing to anyone else that tries it.

1 Like